He scared me when he lost his temper?

My boyfriend and I were arguing and I know I was making him mad but, we were talking and I was trying to get my point across. He lost his temper started yelling at me and then flung a remote across the room almost hitting me in the head. It scared me, he got up and went for a drive right after. He apologized for the way he acted when he came back and admitted he wasn't right in his reaction. He's never lost his temper with me before we've been together for over a year, and this seemed like an immature way to deal with being mad. It also scared me. He seems to be back to normal and has gotten over the fight but I'm still worried about it happening again and maybe getting hit with the object next time. I get loosing your temper I've lost mine, but I don't through things. I know people get mad. I just not sure how to deal with this one. Or if I should be worried or if it's a one off thing.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This is probably a time to be a little more forceful than usual. Throwing things at each other is a line that should never be crossed, ever, and if you haven't already made that clear to him, do it. He should feel really guilty about it; the apology is a good sign at least. If it ever happens again, you have someone with anger management problems and should probably leave. Also keep in mind that guilt over the throwing and guilt about the argument are different; he might still be right about whatever it is, and you shouldn't act like you won because of this, but his methods are unacceptable.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you should avoid getting him mad then. If he gets mad over everything, and if he continues to behave this way, then i would end it. But maybe you upset him too much. Just try to avoid conflict, and don't be a bitch. If it is over something serious, then you have the right to get mad (i. e. child custody or cheating, etc.) But if it is over something minor, just try to avoid conflict. i don't like making my man mad. It sucks.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• well everyone loses ur temper ur right about that ur also right that u shouldn't throw things but put ur self in is shoes maybe he been threw something really upsetting and then got to deal with u to and boom u just can't help it anymore u just want to throw stuff and yea u might wanna worry a bit if u see him about to lose his temper hug him keep him from grabbing stuff and yea

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl I dated would hit me in the face with things. Went from a remote, to a lamp, to a steel rod, to stabbing me. These things generally escalate they don't get better.

0|0
    1|0
    • oh shit man, you should have gotten rid of her. And call the police.

• Talk to him and if it happens again, you should leave and let him know that throwing stuff is not done

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems like this was just a freak circumstance. But hey, at least now you know that you shouldn't be an asshole and try to piss him off, right?

1|1
    1|0
  • I've lost my temper like that. Never become physical with a woman. He did the right thing by walking away.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ah the losing of tempers during an argument. Arguments happen in every relationship. Tempers will flare. Shit I had one chick I was talking to totally flake on me and quit talking to me all together just because i raised my voice a little because i was having a shitty day. I didn't say anything mean either. The throwing thing. I mean its not cool he did it. If this is your first serious relationship get ready for more arguments. Its all about how you approach things though. If your straight up yelling and being condescending, belittling him or anything of that sorts expect an angry response. Will the throwing thing happen again. I can't predict the future. But hopefully it won't. Good luck in your endeavors.

0|0
    0|0
  • The fact that he walked away shows he can recognise when he needs to calm down.

0|0
    0|0
  • Could've been worse

0|0
    0|0
  • It’ll happen again

0|0
    0|0
  • But I think he is good guy. People show their anger to people whom they most like.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes