He scared me when he lost his temper?

My boyfriend and I were arguing and I know I was making him mad but, we were talking and I was trying to get my point across. He lost his temper started yelling at me and then flung a remote across the room almost hitting me in the head. It scared me, he got up and went for a drive right after. He apologized for the way he acted when he came back and admitted he wasn't right in his reaction. He's never lost his temper with me before we've been together for over a year, and this seemed like an immature way to deal with being mad. It also scared me. He seems to be back to normal and has gotten over the fight but I'm still worried about it happening again and maybe getting hit with the object next time. I get loosing your temper I've lost mine, but I don't through things. I know people get mad. I just not sure how to deal with this one. Or if I should be worried or if it's a one off thing.

210

Most Helpful Guy

• This is probably a time to be a little more forceful than usual. Throwing things at each other is a line that should never be crossed, ever, and if you haven't already made that clear to him, do it. He should feel really guilty about it; the apology is a good sign at least. If it ever happens again, you have someone with anger management problems and should probably leave. Also keep in mind that guilt over the throwing and guilt about the argument are different; he might still be right about whatever it is, and you shouldn't act like you won because of this, but his methods are unacceptable.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you should avoid getting him mad then. If he gets mad over everything, and if he continues to behave this way, then i would end it. But maybe you upset him too much. Just try to avoid conflict, and don't be a bitch. If it is over something serious, then you have the right to get mad (i. e. child custody or cheating, etc.) But if it is over something minor, just try to avoid conflict. i don't like making my man mad. It sucks.