Is my weight holding me back?

Boyfriend and I went out last night, enjoyed our time. Enjoyed the weather, went out to eat then on a little walk. There was beautiful women everywhere, and I feel like I am holding my boyfriend back from them. I am not necessarily beautiful but he tells me all the time I am. He also tells me I am perfect the way I am. But let's be honest. I am so damn chubby, and short. My face is round, and was told round faces aren't desirable. I was also told that "I am shocked he hasn't said anything about your weight". I was taking some selfies w/him and he told me I was beautiful. But he's such a down to earth guy, he's so sweet and attentive to me. He pays for my meals, holds doors open for me, hasn't pressured me into anything, walks up to the door to get me. I met his fam, and they are so nice. But I feel like maybe he deserves someone more stable? Like mentally? lol or someone like hot or something. Like my older sister is fit and beautiful, and she gets all the attention. She dresses really revealing and gets the men. When I am with her, men always come up to her. Will my boyfriend do the same to her?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I firmly we choose partners who help us become our best selves, these things you are feeling you need to change are clearly for you and not for your boyfriend, your boyfriend has highlighted your personal desires for being more stable as a person mentally and for having good physical health and fitness, being overweight does affect your mental state and you confidence because no matter how much people try to accept it being overweight has negative hormonal effects on your brain, and of course your joints and energy levels, I started taking measures and became fit and lost 40 kg, and I have to say my mental state and energy levels became a lot better, I saying this out of experience as a formally overweight girl ( throughout) childhood, I am saying this is what you must do no I am just recommending it, its all your choice and also do it for yourself first and foremost because you will never be able to keep up other people countless different expectations.

1|0
    0|0
    • I definitely need to lose weight. I wanna get down to 140, as I am 200 lbs right now. I wanna lose 60 lbs. But it's just I don't have motivation to do it. I am afraid to have kids, because I know I am gonna put on a bunch of weight. Cause I feel I can't control my eating habits.

• He clearly loves you for you, don't let your personal relationship with your body get in the way. I can tell your first hand the way you are yourself is 100% not how he sees you. I bet you are beautiful, try and not be so hard on yourself.

If he wanted to get a skinny confident girl he would get one, don't push him away If you really care for him :)

1|0
    0|0
    • I know I shouldn't, in the comments above someone told me he's too perfect and probably cheating on me w/ an attractive woman? I don't know.

• Show All
    • Aw thank you. You're really pretty by the way :)

• Bless, thank you! Here if you ever need to talk!

Most Helpful Guys

• Look, all women are beautiful no matter what. If a skinny person judges you for being slightly chubby then just tell them that your happy you don't look like a Barbie doll. Ok. And your boyfriend sounds like he is telling the truth and he really likes you. Guys tend to be honest so if he wanted to say something nasty he would have said it by now. You should appreciate yourself and tell you self that you are beautiful and you don't have to change a thing

2|0
    0|0
  • He loves you. Love is love.

1|0
    0|0
    • One person telling me he's too perfect and another is telling me it's love. Lmfao what is it.

• He actually loves you. It's not always about looks, you know.

• Omg thank you

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Most of your misconceptions come from your sister putting you down. Most men find the skinny that women push themselves to makes them look emaciated and unattractive. Your boyfriend sounds happy with you and that's what really matters. Chances are your boyfriend will find your sister to be shallow and narcissistic. Just be happy with him , support him in his ventures, and you won't be holding him back from anything.

1|0
    0|0
    • My sister has never put me down. But I hope not, someone in the comments just told me that my boyfriend is too perfect and is probably cheating on me with an attractive woman. Now I am starting to get trust issues. :/ Man. Are all guys like this?

• No if he opens doors for you, he really cares. If you're that worried form a plan to better yourself. You're wasting energy on worry when you could just spend that time bettering yourself. It's a slow process but it looks like you have a man that's in it for the long game.

• Oh yes, he told me when we first met he texted me he was looking for a serious relationship. He's a small town boy, and farms.

• You pulling yourself so down that surely he will start believing about your take on your looks. Don't keep trying to prove him wrong if he finds you beautiful. Recipe for disaster and a turn off.

1|0
    0|0
  • Girl you are lucky enough to find a guy that likes you and thinks you are perfect and you wanna throw that away?

1|0
    0|0
    • Omg I know. I shouldn't think like this.

• First of all, if you want to lose some pounds do it. And if you want to let your boyfriend get with other girls, do that too. Just be open, test him see if he can handle some of the things that you're into

0|0
    0|0
  • This guy seems too nice... He's up to something. Probably cheating on you with an attractive woman.

0|0
    1|0
    • Probably..

• Sorry. But according to what little information you've provided, this guy is too perfect. Usually people like that are up to no good on the dl.

• Alright

• He chose you. Stop being insecure and go with the flow.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes