Is my weight holding me back?

Boyfriend and I went out last night, enjoyed our time. Enjoyed the weather, went out to eat then on a little walk. There was beautiful women everywhere, and I feel like I am holding my boyfriend back from them. I am not necessarily beautiful but he tells me all the time I am. He also tells me I am perfect the way I am. But let's be honest. I am so damn chubby, and short. My face is round, and was told round faces aren't desirable. I was also told that "I am shocked he hasn't said anything about your weight". I was taking some selfies w/him and he told me I was beautiful. But he's such a down to earth guy, he's so sweet and attentive to me. He pays for my meals, holds doors open for me, hasn't pressured me into anything, walks up to the door to get me. I met his fam, and they are so nice. But I feel like maybe he deserves someone more stable? Like mentally? lol or someone like hot or something. Like my older sister is fit and beautiful, and she gets all the attention. She dresses really revealing and gets the men. When I am with her, men always come up to her. Will my boyfriend do the same to her?

37

Most Helpful Girls

• I firmly we choose partners who help us become our best selves, these things you are feeling you need to change are clearly for you and not for your boyfriend, your boyfriend has highlighted your personal desires for being more stable as a person mentally and for having good physical health and fitness, being overweight does affect your mental state and you confidence because no matter how much people try to accept it being overweight has negative hormonal effects on your brain, and of course your joints and energy levels, I started taking measures and became fit and lost 40 kg, and I have to say my mental state and energy levels became a lot better, I saying this out of experience as a formally overweight girl ( throughout) childhood, I am saying this is what you must do no I am just recommending it, its all your choice and also do it for yourself first and foremost because you will never be able to keep up other people countless different expectations.

• I definitely need to lose weight. I wanna get down to 140, as I am 200 lbs right now. I wanna lose 60 lbs. But it's just I don't have motivation to do it. I am afraid to have kids, because I know I am gonna put on a bunch of weight. Cause I feel I can't control my eating habits.

• He clearly loves you for you, don't let your personal relationship with your body get in the way. I can tell your first hand the way you are yourself is 100% not how he sees you. I bet you are beautiful, try and not be so hard on yourself.

If he wanted to get a skinny confident girl he would get one, don't push him away If you really care for him :)

• I know I shouldn't, in the comments above someone told me he's too perfect and probably cheating on me w/ an attractive woman? I don't know.

• Aw thank you. You're really pretty by the way :)

• Bless, thank you! Here if you ever need to talk!

Most Helpful Guys

• Look, all women are beautiful no matter what. If a skinny person judges you for being slightly chubby then just tell them that your happy you don't look like a Barbie doll. Ok. And your boyfriend sounds like he is telling the truth and he really likes you. Guys tend to be honest so if he wanted to say something nasty he would have said it by now. You should appreciate yourself and tell you self that you are beautiful and you don't have to change a thing

• He loves you. Love is love.

• One person telling me he's too perfect and another is telling me it's love. Lmfao what is it.

• He actually loves you. It's not always about looks, you know.

• Omg thank you