Guys, what would you do if your best friend tried hitting on your gf?

This is the 3rd time, I've told his best friend to stop it and to respect his friendship.

He's been trying to ask me out on a date to the movies and that my boyfriend doesn't need to know it. I don't want to cause trouble to their friendship but I'm already feeling like a liar for even keeping this information.

My boyfriend trusts this friend so much that he tells me and other that it's like a brother he never had. He's an only child. We met during their very early years.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think a very very clear message needs to be spoken as a "you need to stop i have no feelings for you and should respect (your bf) if you dont i will tell " as it seems he doesn't respect your boyfriend

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks. I'll do that. I don't understand why would he want to attempt to jeopardize his long-term friendship.
      My boyfriend trusts him very much since they've known each other since they were little kids.

• For a simple reason of he doesn't really give a shit about him and going after something he wants... selfish

Most Helpful Girl

• Ur in the same situation as me but instead of your boyfriend’s best friend for me it’s boyfriend’s brother. U should tell ur boyfriend if its getting too far

0|0
    0|0
    • I will. I'm going to give him one last, clear warning and hopefully he gets it.

• Good luck. Im having horrible luck 😕

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Even friends who are so close considering themselves brothers should at least have learned boundaries, and your boyfriend seems to have little toward his "brother." So if your boyfriend gets upset with you first before his "brother" then that's not a guy you should be with.

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's the 3rd time, believe me you should tell your boyfriend. Apparently your boyfriend is kind and loving person, and thinks of his friend as a brother, but this friend is a pig and you are not causing troubles to their friendship, this friend has no respect for this friendship as long as he wants to ask you out and dig a knife in his friend's back.
    As a guy I would love my girlfriend to tell me if something similar was happening behind my back.
    But make sure you will have any proof, bc that bastard will use the brotherhood shit to protect himself and make you the "Bitch who is trying to ruin everything"
    Goodluck with that

1|0
    0|0
  • Let her sort it out. How she decides to act would be very telling.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ok. He's getting one last, clear warning. If he doesn't stop afterwards, I'm informing my boyfriend about it.

• Alright. But why can’t you just ignore it or him?

• Tell your boyfriend he deserves to know

0|0
    0|0
  • He can have her :D

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes