Was this making a move, and I rejected it?

I have been hanging out with a guy for a while, you can tell we like each other, but he has yet to make a move. On Sunday at my church group we were praying and he reached over to grab my hand, and kept holding it after we finished. Unfortunately a girl that is trying to stir up trouble between me and him (though he has no idea) was watching so I only held it for a few moments, before letting go. He's still quite talkative when we text, but when we got together for dinner with friends on Monday he was a bit standoffish. I don't want him to think I was rejecting him, and he gets embarrassed when I discuss anything to do with the two of us (he hasn't dated much I don't think). Should I just think maybe he was having a bad day, or that maybe he thinks I don't want him?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Sounds like he was making a move, why did you rush to let go?

0|0
    0|0
    • As much as I hated to, I feel that if I hadn't then she would have made us have the define what's going on between us with her there and before he is ready to

• Show All
    • which part?

• How long has this flirtation gone on with him?

• It was a move

0|0
    0|0
    • But does he think I was rejecting him? I just don't want to be seen as the gossip telling him the only reason I let go was because this other girl wants to steal him from me

• If the other wants to steal him why would you let go? It would seem you’d want to make it known he’s yours or you have dibs on him. If you want him that is

• Because she will make it into a thing that it's not and scare him away from me. He already gets a bit embarrassed and shy when I mention us hanging out and him doing something nice for me. Plus I feel she would straight out call us out and ask how long we have been together, when we haven't even had that talk.

• move I guess

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes