Thoughts on dating mixed girls?

I’ve always been nervous when it’s time to meet a guys parent that they won’t like me because I’m not full white. I’m not sure if it’s an irrational thought or what...( I’ve actually dated a guy (he was Asian) and he told his parents that I was Samoan... like full Samoan..) it made me feel ashamed of who I was in all honesty. Like I’m not good enough because I’m a mix of different things... (I was frequently called a mutt in through out high school-by all races.. if that even matters) for reference I’m 1/2 white 1/4 Samoan 1/4 Black

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m mixed also, and I totally get you, girl. Sometimes people with the most well-meaning intentions can say snide comments about your mix and just ruin your day, but overall, people are more tolerant and accepting. Just know that if the guy likes you for you, he won’t think twice about your race/ethnicity.

I just had to add that your dog is adorable! ❤️

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Don´t think that you are not good enough. You don´t have to be good for anyone, only for yourself. If someone doesn´t accept yoou as you are, it is his shame.
    Meeting a guys parents is also a good test to see if he is serious into you. What will be his reaction if his parents reject you?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's not irrational, some people are racist to some degree. But there's nothing you can do about it besides be your usual charming self. Most parents will be thrilled that their son has a girlfriend and cares enough to bring her home to meet them. Be proud of your heritage. We're all mutts.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's normal to be nervous when meeting parents, no matter the color or mix. Of course, the nervousness may be increased, if you're not sure how they will respond to your race mixture. You are just as good as anyone else, so don't sell yourself short. You determine how good you are, not other people. And mutts make the best dogs, and people as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im hispanic and people have trouble accepting of course but just keep going why would you sit here waste time and feel bad about yourself if its impossible to change, feeling bad isn't ganna change you so find someone who will accept this beautiful you, you'll find that person and his family that will

0|0
    0|0
  • First, I doubt that any adult would dislike because you're mixed, because we're all mixed. Look at that KKK clansman who had his DNA tested and turned out to be 12% African.

If they don't like you, then that's their loss, not your worry.

1|0
    0|0
  • Your race should not bother anyone unless they are ignorant

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't have any problems with it at all. Everyone is pink inside.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer mixed girls or Hispanic... I grew up around them and they are usually more hyper and funny

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s fine

0|0
    0|0
  • Color does not matter is how the person act :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm cool with it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes