Thoughts on dating mixed girls?

I’ve always been nervous when it’s time to meet a guys parent that they won’t like me because I’m not full white. I’m not sure if it’s an irrational thought or what...( I’ve actually dated a guy (he was Asian) and he told his parents that I was Samoan... like full Samoan..) it made me feel ashamed of who I was in all honesty. Like I’m not good enough because I’m a mix of different things... (I was frequently called a mutt in through out high school-by all races.. if that even matters) for reference I’m 1/2 white 1/4 Samoan 1/4 Black

111

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m mixed also, and I totally get you, girl. Sometimes people with the most well-meaning intentions can say snide comments about your mix and just ruin your day, but overall, people are more tolerant and accepting. Just know that if the guy likes you for you, he won’t think twice about your race/ethnicity.

I just had to add that your dog is adorable! ❤️

Most Helpful Guy

• Don´t think that you are not good enough. You don´t have to be good for anyone, only for yourself. If someone doesn´t accept yoou as you are, it is his shame.
    Meeting a guys parents is also a good test to see if he is serious into you. What will be his reaction if his parents reject you?