Why can't I forget her?

So, a year ago i met a girl on Instagram and we started chatting regularly. She was really cool, and after some months i felt that she had something special, so i decided to ask her if she wanted to hang out with me, but she refused. I tried it again after some months, and she continued to refuse my invites. Since it seemed Impossible to talk with her personally, i decided to let her know my feelings, but she was really shy and was afraid of meeting a new person.

After that, i got a little tired of being rejected again and again, so i said everything that was stuck in my mind, then she got upset and stopped following me on Instagram. After almost a year, she followed me again and that she was sorry about what she did in the past, i said that she needed to love herself more than trying to search for love in other people.

But somehow i can't forget her, i think about her every night, and it hurts. I feel a bit ashamed because i can't forget someone that i haven't even met personally. What should i do?

01