Why is ambition in someone so attractive?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Because that means they're an actual person with goals and dreams? I would find a woman who was working on herself or had herself figured out a lot more attractive and interesting than someone who was too scared to make a move.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Ambitious people are usually leaders or are more dominant. Not all are obviously, but if you're ambitious about something it shows you actually care about something and you're dedicated. Good traits to have.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Ambition leads to opportunities for a better life whether that is status money or power. In a world where external validation is an addiction, having the aforementioned characteristics attract people

1|2
    0|0
    • Yeah I’d say the opportunity to live a more fulfilling life is what it is. People with more ambition just seem to have traits that transfer to other areas of life, they just seem more like the go-getter types that get out there and make the most of their lives, which I personally find admirable.

• It shows that the person isn't afraid to go get what they want and need. It shows that theyre confident in themselves and their abilities as a person. So im assuming thats probably why

2|1
    0|0
  • It's only traditionally attractive in males. It comes from the ability to provide. Like how men go for women with a nurturing nature.

1|1
    0|0
    • I don’t really think it’s about practice coding do much now as women can do that too. It’s about being a team player and making the most out of life. I’m sure if I wasn’t ambitious myself I wouldn’t find it so attractive then personally, but that’s just me.

• *providing as much

• Because it is nice if someone actually wants to better themselves, achieve something great and aspire to have certain things in life.

2|0
    0|0
  • Because it shows that you probably won’t be living with a deadbeat

1|0
    0|0
  • It's genetic. It means he's planning on being a better provider for you and your children

1|1
    0|0
  • Because it shows what type of person they are and usually females feed off that

0|0
    0|0
  • It is dominance.

1|0
    0|0
    • It’s not all about dominance but here’s probably a little of that.

• Because you like how they're driven to succeed

2|0
    0|0
  • Because it shows desire and focus.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they know what they want.

1|0
    0|0
  • No one wants a failure.

1|0
    0|0

• potential source of income

0|0
    0|0
    • Nope, got my own! It just means that they’d be a good team player and make the most of life I think

• Because you're greedy?

0|0
    0|0
    • Don’t be silly!! It shows that they’d be a good team player in many aspects of life!

• Show All
    • The irony is clearly lost on you

• Built into your genetic make up

0|0
    0|0
  • Likely it's because you are female and seeing a male who has ambition means he will more likely be successful and women inherently want a male who will make their life easier without a shit ton of work on her part.

0|0
    0|0
    • That’s complete rubbish! Anyone who wants one person to do most of the work is never going to keep a partner. What kind of daft outlook is that!

• You can call it rubbish but facts don't care about what you call them.

70% of UK women would instantly change their minds about leaving a boring man if he won a lottery jackpot.
      78% of US women said a partner with a steady job was the most important trait in a future spouse.
      75% said they’d have a problem with dating someone without a job.
      70% of Chinese women expect a man to provide an apartment along with a cash marriage offer.

image.basekit.com/...229_women-marry-for-money.jpg

• Believe what you believe if you want to take those facts in that context and you’ll reap the consequences. Makes no difference to me, I have no reason to lie. If you want to believe ‘those’ probably not transferable to the majority of the population but hey, you know it all obviously 🙄

• Men don't typically care about it in women.

Women generally do in men. Whether it signals 'good father' potential or just good trait to pass on to their young, seems to be an instinctive thing.

1|0
    0|0
    • Do you not think so? I honk they do.

• *think

• I don’t have good data on ambition. There’s huge data showing women prefer high income males while men don’t care about partner income (or maybe even prefer to be the higher earner one). This frequently leads to finger pointing as to whether men are insecure and women don’t want to deal with that or men know women don’t respect low income men so avoid the situation. It’s a “thing” either way.

There are exceptions if course. I know a very solid couple where she’s a doctor and he’s a writer and I’ve actually suggested high earning women follow her lead before.

• Ambition is attractive to women because it's another word for money. Of course, the ladies will deny this. Sure there will be exceptions.

I never forget when I got this freelance contract that was to do with art, creativity, and freedom with creating all manner of exciting works. Every single girl that heard about it through a friend or elsewhere asked only about the money. Not even one asked about the creative aspect of it.

0|0
    0|0
    • you're right. it is another word for money. as in "I won't have to spend MY MONEY on this guy every time I want to leave the house or he wants a beer"

• @RenaissancePainting we’re all of these women that asked about money interested in that man or just curious about how art pays now? It doesn’t mean it’s directly related to his earnings in relation to a potential partner!

• Some of the girls that asked were interested in me, and some weren't.

Recommended myTakes