boyfriend of a year and a half stopped sending goodnight messages?

We've been dating a year and a half and in college. He usually stays up way later than I do and I usually continue to text him in bed. I usually fall asleep without getting to tell him goodnight and he doesn't tell me goodnight. I talked to him about it and he acted mad but said he would start texting me goodnight and being sweeter. He only did that for 3 days and its back to normal now. It's not even really about texting goodnight but the fact that he said he would do something and he only did it for 3 days. Any suggestions?

01