Do you think online dating apps are ruining today’s dating game?

I feel as though online dating apps are training everyone to settle for being a hookup, fling, or a temporary person in someone’s life. I feel like online dating apps are allowing so many people a way to cheat on their partner also. I tried pof and noticed so many men are only interested in hooking up first and dating later if they enjoy being around the girl. They’re so used to easy women and men that they’d rather leave you instead of waiting for sex. It’s horrible!!! Men aren’t used to women who respect themselves and wanna wait and want to have a real relationship. Like they shouldn’t even be considered dating apps but instead hook up apps.

1565

Most Helpful Girl

• No, not at all. But you have to treat Tinder as a tool or place to meet people. Just like a bar or a sportsclub is. In a bar you meet someone, you talk for a little bit, you leave your number and then plan a date over text. On tinder you meet a person (who you know likes the way you look), you talk a little and then plan a date over text. It's the same. You still have to impress them on those dates. You still have to find out whether he suits you. Pictures are different from RL. Someone can be great on a photo and over text, but completely different in RL. And whether you become a hookup or not is still up to you and your standards. As soon as I find out a guy on tinder only swiped right because he is looking for a hookup (I'm not), I stick to my standards and I say goodbye to him. It's simple.

Most Helpful Guy

• Naaa just streamlining it. People are just mad that it skips the honeymoon stage of relationships, y'know the fake part, with smelling nice, dressing nice, everyone is perfect, love letters, saying the mushy shit, you haven't met their kids yet, no arguments, you haven't seen their spending habits, bad credit, $100,000 student loans, crazy ex, criminal record etc. It skips all that and goes right into the ass scratching "you hungry?" after sex, sweats and a t-shirt eating Doritos stage.

Thats what happens when you fuck up the social contract, and embrace feminism.

My question is how women can want it both ways and not be the least bit perplexed by men being perplexed. Exhibit A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmtQ7bSa7FU
    You do some of this ^ stuff, then want a man still respect you?

• Oh god, I should have expected this from a Caesar's Legion

• I agree 100%!!! It also makes it harder for men to know the difference between a woman and a hoe. Men need to listen to j cole more!

• 1. No idea who that is.
      2. Start ratting out your hoe-ish friends lol.

But we all know self interest is the heart to all of this. Someone's always taking advantage of someone else in any relationship. The social contract used to be money/status/resources/big ass house/security<> sex/companionship/kids/loyalty/you doing shit I don't want to do.

Now with so much hoe-in and welfare safety nets its all fucked up. No one needs anyone any more and everyone's all salty and impatient.