Don't know how to read him?

My boyfriend and I have known each other for 8 years, dating for 3 years and have lived together for 2 years.

Recently, we went to the jewelry store to get my necklace cleaned. He went over to the ring case and asked what rings I like. I told him I like them all.. only because I don't want to pick one. I want him to decide all on his own when that time actually comes because it'll be more special. A few months before that, he jokingly proposed with our room key on a cruise ship on our way to the Bahamas. That's not the first time he "fake" proposed either.. it'll happen occasionally and I just laugh it off.

Now, we also talk about what we want in our future house. Like a garage, hot tub, etc. What bothers me is that we talk about these things, but never have a serious conversation about it or make any goals to eventually get to that point. I feel like I'm at that point in this relationship where I want to know in his head where were he sees us in a year, 3 years, etc. I just don't know how or when or what to say when bringing this up. I'm totally lost and I need help.

01