Tips for dating with social anxiety?

My long distance boyfriend of 7 months and I are both very shy, introverted people, who both have major signs of social anxiety even tho neither of us have been official diagnosed ever.
Our relationship has been very slow to get going, being that we only see each other once of twice a week.
I’ve noticed that we are both hesitant to make moves, not because we don’t love each other, but for fear of rejection from the other one. I’ve been the one to initiate every “new step” in our relationship, which has been really hard. I often feel like I’m forcing things, and maybe he doesn’t actually want this to go anywhere (since he doesn’t try and go out of his way to keep this going) I don’t want some big grand gesture, but I want to know that he loves me as much as I’m crazy for him. We have this weird connection I’ve never had with anyone. One where even tho we are hours apart, I can wake up in the morning and feel his mood, before even talking to him. If he’s having a good day, typically so am I, and vice versus. I’ve known he was getting sick days before he did. We are both literally the same person, but that also means we hesitate to do the same things, and fear the same things.

01