How are guys able to continue a relationship after she cheats?

Ill never understand that shit. I almost got married to a girl and had already purposed and I found out she cheated on me with a girl in the start of our relationship and kept an ongoing lie. I loved the girl to death and it broke me but I grabbed my balls and left the cheating whore. How can you ever continue a relationship after someone you love betrays you? If you do, isn’t that like an insecurity you’ll carry for the rest of your life? Why not find a girl who’s loyal to you? I rather stay single for the rest of my life rather than to be with a cheater. Curious to hear some feedback,

30