Approaching women to get a date/dates?

im 24, male. I had short relationships with women (nothing serious) and found them all online... never approached in real life first... so i went on dates after knowing them online... but now i see this is not working for me... rarely find someone serious online, few tinder matches sometimes, on dating sites get attention of some women but they lose interest fast ( probably because of all the choices with guys they have)... i am not saying im really good looking, but at least average i think i am...

so any tips on approaching women irl? at coffee shops, in store, when i jog, when im out with friends?
this year i got it harder because im not in my college town where are tons of women...
and if im not really good looking will i get rejected a lot? also i would have a girl for a short time (one night stand) or a girlfriend if i find someone who is serious...
also i got laid only once

01