Online dating need help?

So me and this guy have been chatting for ages and everything has been great we spoke on WhatsApp and the phone for like a month I got to know him quite well , he lives quite further from me and I offered him to stay at mine since we will be drinking.

Everything has been amazing until he told me last night that he was scared and he wanted to see if we get along in person and that he has doubts since In the past stuff happened to him.

I’m a bit annoyed and confused. I was really close to cancel the date since I believe you should be positive.
Should I still go to the date or shall I cancel?
I was really looking forward , but now I’m just sad and a bit uneasy about this situation. It seems he thinks I may not like him and I don’t know why he is like that !

214

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he wants to have 'freedom' of choice.
    You never know how you get on with the person IRL despite the online contact was great.

I would feel awkward if a guy would offer me his place for a night, even not seeing me before.

Soo, take it easy :) I'm sure he likes you a lot but want to be sure after the date, he really want to go to your place. My opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• It's past experiences... he's been hurt before and is reluctant/hesitant, which is normal. You're likely to meet a lot of guys like this honestly. Most people have been hurt before. You have nothing to be annoyed about because it has nothing at all to do with you as a person. Yes, meet still.

• To be honest I had the worst date ever he was awkward and told me he never had a girlfriend and that he likes being single I feel he was so dishonest with me online and it was a massive waste of time

• What did he lye about? That he never had a girlfriend?

• Pretty much and the whole I’ve never been in-love. Socially awkward he didn’t want to kiss me in public. I was like wtf?