Is it good boyfriend and I haven’t fought? your thoughts?

What do y’all think.

My boyfriend and I have been together over a year and we haven’t had a fight or argument once.
We may have little disputes where we’re annoyed but it never last long and we’re back to calling each other babe or we may have a couple serious talks if something is bothering us, but we have never fought or argued.

Is that good?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not necessarily. People are different, they have different values, ideas, wants and needs so it’s near impossible to not have passionate differences on something without one person sacrificing what they really want over an extended period of time especially when you’re still learning about each other. Every single couple I’ve known who don’t argue lacked the passion and intensity to go the long haul. They stayed together because it was pleasant, easy but not fulfilling in the long term or the same person got sick of never getting their needs met but they weren’t honest enough to fight for them.
    I’m not talking about screaming matches or ignoring each other for days - a fight is disagreeing over an issue and having the bravery to have those hard discussions even if you know you’re going to vehemently disagree with their stance

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think fights help you grow as a couple if you turn them into constructive arguments rather than attacks. If a couple isn't fighting at all in the first year, then I’m going to assume that there is a lack of intensity, or feelings are being held back and bottled up.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well that’s the thing... we have talks. Anytime I’m bothered or he if we talk about it

• Show All
    • Him and I are very much alike. Both cancers. We hate confrontation. We hate arguing and having things be awkward. Trust me we get annoyed of each other we’re human lol but him and I have never stayed that way. We get over things quick and we’re back to being our sweet selfs.

• Yeah I mean if it works for you guys then that’s good. I’m not knocking your relationship by any means. I’ve just had my experiences so these are my thoughts. Also— I’m a cancer but my personality is completely opposite of my sign lol. I’m very confrontational at times. I wouldn’t take that stuff to seriously. If you’re ever curious about your partner just ask them to take a Myers Brigg personality test as like a fun thing. That uses actual psychology and science to tell you more about yourself. But yeah, Im not trying to knock your relationship. If it works for you, then it works.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes it's good! You two are probably very compatible and have very similar views on things at similar levels of maturity. In fact, the amount of fights is one metric I use when dating someone and guessing our compatibility. Of course people can fight for other reasons too, like being stressed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fighting is healthy to a certain extent, as long as it isn't abusive; maybe you two aren't comfortable enough yet to push one another's limits at this point in your relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you want to? Do you get... say bored in a relationship if you dont? Is it boring?
    I say you do. Inwardly you crave drama.
    Course thats good!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that's fine. I don't really understand why people always say that it's not good if you don't fight occasionally. I'm 3 years into my relationship and we haven't had a major fight once

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's good until ur hearts are clear... it's better to exchange point of views and differences peacefully and prevent fights... best of luck

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol by the sounds like me and my girl never had a fight or argument of noticeable degree small disagreements at best been togther a year and 4 months

0|0
    0|0
    • I feel it's better this way if u communicate well so fight don't happen it's a win

• Yea we have disputes. Or if I’m bother or he is well talk about it. If I did something it hzve an attitude then he’ll call me out in it lol but whenever we have disputes they’re over right after

• Yep that's good

Recommended myTakes