What does he mean when he said it?

My boss and I had a great connections before. He became clear that he was into me and i did the same way to him. We had fun, we were happy together. However, when things were getting better between the two of us he started to act distant. Less call, less convo, less touches, less care, etc. Nothing sexually happened to us since the beginning. It was obvious that sex was not his up to... though we kiss, hug, etc once in a while if given a chance, but he never asked me to go beyond that at least not yet.

I became upset by his pulling away behavior, though he somehow was still trying to connect to me. When he noticed i go distant, he indirectly tried to communicate but when he felt we were okay again, he started to pull away again.

So I became direct and told him that my feelings are affecting my work with him and I can't work like this. So I asked him what i should do.

His reply: Lets act professionally and hold our feelings aside and if u honestly believe u would have a hard time.. Lets cross the bridge when we get to it..

what does he really mean?
After the day he said it. He texted and called me the ff day to have lunch with him. What was that all about?

11