Is it normal that I would rather be single at 23?

I don't want kids right now or marriage. All that I want is time for myself to build a career. Most people are having kids and getting married and I feel alone on my beliefs.
  • Yes, it's normal to rather be single
  • No, you should be looking for a girl

1016

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of your friends are getting married at 23? Most of my peers are in relationships but aren’t getting married quite yet. Well my guy friends at least. I think it’s human nature to want to experience love and commitment and I sincerely doubt that you simply just deviate from evolutionary biology out of convenience. I think it’s a coping mechanism. It makes you feel as if you have control over your situation when you make claims like... “I don’t want a relationship”... when i’m reality you can’t just find a quality partner. I’m building my career and my girlfriend is helping me every step of the way. It’s in your best interest to do some self evaluation instead of rationalizing this by saying it’s a choice.

• I disagree, I think that it's 100% a persons choice to be in a relationship or not. Especially after already experiencing love and commitment for years. It just doesn't seem the same so I want to be single.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are so young and I don't think many people in 23 are married yet!
    But it's all a personal choice. If you force yourself to get in to a serious relationship and then a marriage cause the people your age do it or society expects u to you'll break apart as the hard parts of being committed hits you and you'll end up forced in an unhappy environment or you'll freak out and leave and break some one else's heart along