Is it normal that I would rather be single at 23?

I don't want kids right now or marriage. All that I want is time for myself to build a career. Most people are having kids and getting married and I feel alone on my beliefs.
  • Yes, it's normal to rather be single
    Vote A
  • No, you should be looking for a girl
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of your friends are getting married at 23? Most of my peers are in relationships but aren’t getting married quite yet. Well my guy friends at least. I think it’s human nature to want to experience love and commitment and I sincerely doubt that you simply just deviate from evolutionary biology out of convenience. I think it’s a coping mechanism. It makes you feel as if you have control over your situation when you make claims like... “I don’t want a relationship”... when i’m reality you can’t just find a quality partner. I’m building my career and my girlfriend is helping me every step of the way. It’s in your best interest to do some self evaluation instead of rationalizing this by saying it’s a choice.

0|1
    0|0
    • I disagree, I think that it's 100% a persons choice to be in a relationship or not. Especially after already experiencing love and commitment for years. It just doesn't seem the same so I want to be single.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are so young and I don't think many people in 23 are married yet!
    But it's all a personal choice. If you force yourself to get in to a serious relationship and then a marriage cause the people your age do it or society expects u to you'll break apart as the hard parts of being committed hits you and you'll end up forced in an unhappy environment or you'll freak out and leave and break some one else's heart along

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yeah my advice has always been do everything you want to do when you are young because most will want to settle down later in life. Problem is that people in their 20's don't do what they want because of pressure from friends, family, and society to be in a relationship. LIVE IT UP.. Tomorrow is never promised. What you do in your 20's shapes you as a person in your 30's and beyond. Have a good world perspective. Travel as much as you can.. build a business... when life, marriage, kids all of a sudden hits you in the face you won't have the time to do any of this.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's completely normal, you do you and do what makes you happy, structure your life how you want it to go. Personally, I'm tired of being single and being alone all the time, gets me down a lot. But you have good motivation behind your reasoning and at the end of the day it's your call, what you want to do or focus on, no one can judge you for that. And besides who's to say that you won't find your partner along the way who's willing to help you get to where you want to be.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's one's personal decision if they want to be single or not. Everyone's life is different, but you get into relationships because you love the person not because it's expected of you.

I'm 28 and i have a few friends my age that are married and with kids, but for me that's not something im looking for atm. Gotta take care of me first.

0|0
    0|0
  • be assertive, be happy in yourself, follow your own path. life is to be lived by you not to be agreed with by others

0|1
    0|0
  • If you want to be single, then kudos to you! When someone's in a relationship simply to be in a relationship, it's rarely a good thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Same age and would rather be single for the time being.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really. I don't know anyone under the age of 27 that has contemplated kids or marriage yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • At your age you need to plot a middle course in my opinion. You're too old to be celibate but too young to get married.

0|0
    0|0
  • Each of us live at our own pace. Don’t worry about that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm the same way. When I am ready to date I want it to be the real deal not just some fling.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really.
    Enjoy life as long as you can.
    There's enough time to settle down with someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's fine. You're too young anyway. A guy's brain doesn't fully form 'till 25, so at least wait a few years and you'll have a lot better idea of what you REALLY want. And besides, guys just get better and better with age. So you'll still have a shot at the very hottest young women right up 'till you're about forty.
    So make something of yourself, make a ton of money, and develop your style, and you'll have the best of all worlds and the ladies of your choice.
    And never forget, YOU ARE THE PRIZE. So start acting like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't force yourself to something you don't want. 😒

0|0
    0|0
  • Its normal some people want a relationship some people dont

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad question,
    rather ask if its wrong be alone at 23.
    Normal is relative in to lot of stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stay single until the age of 30

2|3
    0|1
  • I think it’s a really wise mindset

1|1
    0|0
    • Once your committed it’s hard to mAke decisions based on what you want, you have to cross check every goal with ‘how will it effect my SO or family of job’. Love life that’s what I’d do with a do over.

• Live not love

• Don't chase girls. Chase your dreams

1|2
    0|0
  • Same here bud! You're not alone!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's whatever you prefer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't think too much. It's normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you still wish to play. (sex)

0|0
    0|0
  • You are way too young to think about marriage

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes