Having standards is not being shallow its just wanting whats best for yourself? Do you agree or disagree?

Don't get me wrong i agree that some people do have extremly high and some even unrealistic standards but talking about normal people who have normal standards like they know what they want or don't want from a partner either physically or personality wise but these days everytime someone admits they have standards everybody starts to call them shallow and those kind of things and i feel like most times its those people who feel hurt or like they can't meet those standards.Having standards is not being shallow its just wanting whats best for yourself? Do you agree or disagree?

531

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree to an extent. However, most people are basing their standards on societal norms like “s/he needs to look this specific way” or “he needs to have a job”, “she needs to have small/big boobs”, like okay, I get it but the world isn’t a Build-A-Girl (or Guy)-Workshop where you’re able to be that picky.

Personally, I DO observe a guy’s looks I mean, I have eyes. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to go for the hottest guy just because he’s the one who meets the beauty standard the most. I take into account other factors like personality traits, intelligence, his dreams, his relationship history etc. That doesn’t mean that one thing I disagree with will automatically be a dealbreaker. I can be flexible as well

Most Helpful Guy

• Having standards is the knowledge of what you want and the willpower to don't be satisfied with less. That's like when you safe your money for a 50k car. You can also buy a car for 2k, but would it make you as happy as your dreamcar? Guess not. Having standards is totally fine as long as they don't get too high.