Is it possible that you can be really freakin ugly on camera but stunning in person?

Strangers compliment me and tell me I’m pretty like almost every day. But when pictures are taken of me, I look like a fugly asymmetrical, ugly nosed, fat lipped biatch. You can see my dark spots/pimple sports better on camera, my deep ass eye circles, and that one side of my face is bigger than the other. Also my lips are asymmetrical (one part of my lip is fatter than the other.) so why is that that I look so ugly on camera, but “gorgeous” in person (according to strangers, family, friends)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know why most women complain about their looks! I've had my friends say stuff similar to what you've said and yet they are all soo pretty and their pictures come out well.
    I bet you are stunning and gorgeous in pictures as well as in person. ☺️

2|0
    0|0
    • Aww thank you!! But my parents tell me I look better in real life 😂😂LOL they’re trying to be nice about the whole picture thing. Too bad I can’t be an IG model. My art teacher actually told me I should model this once. “You have the face for it.”

• I bet you can be insta model! It's just a matter of confidence ❤️. You should give it a try, don't run away from it! Be confident ☺️😘

• Aw thank you!!

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Oh yeah, it's totally possible, just one look at my FB profile pic and you'd think I was some sort of deformed runt that was beaten over the head with a mallet

1|0
    0|0
    • 😂😂😂

• Show All
    • No it was mixed, like photography & visual arts

• Ah, so yeah maybe you'd want to not do that

• Yes. Your camera could just suck. I'm sure you're very beautiful.

1|0
    0|0
    • It’s the iPhone 8+ camera 😂😂😂

• Show All
    • 😂😂

• Good idea

• I do look noticably better outside of photos. That said I just have no idea how to handle or work with a camera. I somehow manage to give it my worst sides.
    That said, the photos are still clearly me. But yes. I think it is possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • yea for sheeze... cameras take pictures in a certain way... I've seen girls with a double chin hanging off her yet in a picture its hidden cause the way she takes it... so we never know lol

2|0
    0|0
  • I had that happen on a tinder date last week the girl was kinda ok in the pictures but she was hot as shit when I met her in person. Some people just aren't photogenic.

2|0
    0|0
  • Same tbh my pictures are tragic but I have a hard time keeping people away from me in person

2|0
    0|0
  • I know some people that I think look far better in person than pictures. I don't know why that is though lol

2|0
    0|0
  • It's normally the other way around. People that are pretty ugly in person or quirky let's say quirky in person can appear really beautiful on film.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course it is, some just aren't photogenic. I hate most of my pictures.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah there are a tone of people who are both average and good looking that just don’t know how to take a good picture

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it to be opposite I'm am dog ugly in person but I take decent photos lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it’s possible.

It’s why I wear a gas mask online

1|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, be it in person or via photos

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes yes yes!!!

1|0
    0|0
    • How often does this happen? Honestly, I have no self esteem cuz of how ugly I look on camera

• well I used to think just like u but trust me it's just in our minds try one thing which I did and it helped me , see your past pics you will find yourself beautiful

• or if you want more opinion on how you look message me ur pic only if u feel comfortable sharing..😊

• Yep, some of us just aren't photogenic.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Some people just can't take a good photo

0|0
    0|0
  • Camera adds pounds maybe thats why

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.. like me xD

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I have that problem

0|0
    0|0
  • Same with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is not possible to air brush the original

0|0
    0|0
  • Same thing happen with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have the opposite issue.

0|0
    0|0
  • Big thumbs up

0|0
    0|0
  • Not possible

0|0
    0|0
  • Me, I look like crap on camera and I’m real life😂

0|0
    0|0
  • The camera strips away a dimension, which changes things.

I have met some people where the opposite is true. They are not all that impressive in real life, but look great in a photo or on camera.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah they say the camera adds at least 10 lbs, possibly 20

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes