Do guys like it when you publicize your relationship on social media?

Do guys like it when girls post lots of couples selfies and photos of you both together on Facebook or Instagram? And do you like going "Facebook official"? Would you prefer a girl who's into this kind of thing, or one who isn't?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• When I'm single : I like it. That way I know if someone I like is available or not.
    When I'm seeing someone : I like it. That way I know she's commited to the relationship and it will keep some guys who like her at bay.
    But there are guys with commitment issues who might prefer to take it slow and low profile and might not like it so much.
    So unfortunately, as most of the time, there is no single answer and you'll have to read your guy or just ask him if he's ok with you putting your status to "In a relationship".

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I DO like to share my relationship on social media, but not obsessive. we may post a picture together once in 2-3 months, when we gave something interesting to share, from our traveling, or a special event, not just selfies, or every present, dinner etc. I think in this times it's fine to show a relationship on social media, but also to keep the private moments just for you

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No, I feel like excessive posting to social media takes away form the time we spend together. In fact I think that the excessive need for selfies and recording experiences on social media takes away from life as a whole.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think guys hate it!! My best friend whom I wanted more with cut things off with me but we have remained best friends and said he was warming up to someone else. I found out on FB that he was in a relationship with her!! He was pissed that she did that & felt bad for me because he didn't get a chance to tell me yet!! She posts all the time on his wall & he deletes the posts!! He hates that shit!!

0|0
    0|0
  • FB nah - I don't even use it. I would post that one odd photo on Instagram or that once in a long while photo of me holding hands. But I'm generally more private but gonna take part in at least one relationship couple photo..

0|0
    0|0
  • I would like it as long as it stays normal. Some girls share every damn second of their life. I wouldn't like to be with that kind of girl, but when it's normal I would like it. It shows that she is proud of her boyfriend and means it serious.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tell her I don't like it but I don't really mind. .. it just shows she's proud to be with me and that she's not interested in other dudes at all as this puts them off

1|0
    0|0
  • Once every couple months is fine. Anything more than that and I feel like people will view me as possessive or needy. I care more about how you actually treat me, than being some trophy you show off.

0|0
    0|0
  • First I dpends if they are treated nice 70%or more of the time if so probably as long as you ask them first 2 some of the time and 3 same kind of thing in less your not in the picture and your cute and send him pictures

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not against it but it wouldn't hurt me if it wasn't publicisized. FB these days is kind of annoying and I don't use it much. As for couple photos I'm absolutely for. I like having memories of the person I'm with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely because it shows that you care about and that you are thinking about him as well as showing other guys who might visit your page that you're takin

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like it when anyone uses Facebook because it is where 30+ y/os are. But yeah, it feels good to know that a girl is confident in our relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it, in my opinion my boyfriend proud of having me as his girlfriend so he publicised on social media

0|0
    0|0
  • If he's proud of you and wants to show you off then yeah he'll love it. If it's still early days and he's still unsure where the relationship is heading, maybe he's gonna have a bad time

0|0
    0|0
  • Some guys do and some not so much
    So maybe you should consider asking your partner of he's interested in publishing his like on social media or not

0|1
    0|0
  • To me, if the girl is publicising the relationship, it means that she wants everyone know she's dating me. It's reassuring she wants it to be serious.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont even like social media how can ı like something like this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares if guys like. Do it to show the bitches the man is taken

0|1
    0|0
  • A real smile and her personality honestly i don't wanna talk to a chick who has a badv attitude or ugly personality

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol no.
    I'll have like a few pictures of us together on Instagram but that's basically it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I genuinely don't care if it's to show off but you should at least let your friends and beta orbiters know if you're taken

0|0
    0|0
  • That greatly depends on how active you are on social media and how many of the opposite sex you have following you on that social media

0|0
    0|0
  • I do often debate whether if I should or not. The reason is when I do engage in a relationship with a woman & I change my status in the news feed, the type of women I meet tend to stay in my life for about a few months then break it off,.. then that means I'll have to change my status again. I have experienced & done that twice.

I have real terrible & shitty-ass luck with women anyways,.. which is the bullshit, pathetic part. Hence why I don't like changing my relationship status considering if I do engage in another relationship with a different woman again,.. I don't know how long she's going to stay in my life for, & with my luck,... they usually don't stick around anyways, so I end up thinking, "What's the point?"

Meanwhile the guys who I know,... they all end up having a successful relationship with that one & end up remaining together for years & years on end. It's just irritating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on people. I would stay out of someone who's looking for something like that though.

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend doesn't like it. He is a very private person.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, everytime I see a couple it shows me what I could do but don't/can't do

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely... NOT!! Are you in a relationship or a brand campaign?

0|0
    0|0
  • I have both and I'm good with both. Doesn't really matter much to me

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't. I don't my business out there like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol, no. Not at all. Frankly the overwhelming majority of us absolutely hate it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I hate publishing my life and I hate it even more if someone is doing it behind my back.

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest, I would say no. Based on experience, too many nosey people

0|0
    0|0
  • I do but im an attention whore who like shiny stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's cute. I have no personal experience of this but it's always cute when couples do it

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what you're publicizing and how long you have been in the relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • That's so 2010.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Actually hate it

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it is nice to show of but to much is a no..

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I don’t like my business on the internet.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t like social media

0|0
    0|0
  • Any man who respects you doesn't care either way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most do

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.. a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • If we're not players, sure

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Specially with family

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its Okay

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I’m a really private guy so no...

0|0
    0|0
  • NNNNO

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes