What are some tips for calming nerves before a second date?

Going on a second date with a guy who made me so tongue tied on the first. I can usually carry on a conversation pretty well but this guy made me feel like I was in high school again and couldn't function.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• And you still going on the second one?

If so... The good point is that he likes you! So you shouldn't be nervous... He already knows how you communicate ;)
    And this time you will be better... Used to the situation.

I would just say, what you wrote above... Maybe his behavior came from his nervousness

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Just come out and say you're nervous. If he's a nice guy he'll do what he can to make you feel more comfortable. Don't do a normal date. Do something active that requires a little bit of your attention so you're not wrapped up in how nervous you are.

0|0
    0|0
    • We're playing laser tag (though that's only like 20 minutes) so hopefully that helps.

• That sounds awesome. Gore you guys have fun.

• Hope* just remember there is power in vulnerability.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• To be honestly I was shaking my first date. I don't know what calms nerves but if he’s a good guy he’ll understand. We’ve been dating now for almost 6 months! 😊😊😊 He is perfect! I feel like a middle schooler crushing at a high school boy! He’s everything I could want in a guy and has qualities I never even knew I wanted... kind of got off subject there. But just try to keep your mind off the date and be you. If he’s a good guy he will try to calm your nerves

0|0
    0|0
  • Just remind yourself that he thinks you're really cute and wants to be spending time with you. Also, body language is huge for these situations. Why put into words what you can express through your actions?

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as she doesn't wipe from Back to Front I could deal with anything else

0|0
    0|0
  • Sing to your favourite song or try to pick a song that reminds you of them or take a long hot shower to relax the nerves

0|0
    0|0
  • Just relax listen to what he says think a little, be quirky and you are set, don't go babbling and ranting , be confident and if you mess it up, just talk to me

0|0
    0|0
  • Just remember he's just another person like you.
    Maybe try to come up with some conversations before the date, but don't make it to obvious that you planned some stuff to say lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Alcohol helps me. Or think of some imaginary flaws. Like his is so hot he probably spends 3 hours a day in front of the mirror. Doesn't have to be true but puts him off the pedastool

0|1
    0|0
  • Hunt a bear butt-naked under the influence of alcohol, really hits the spot!

0|0
    0|0
  • They liked you enough on the first one to allow for a second one. Just relax and be yourself now, your already in the door.

0|0
    0|0
  • Drink some booze and relax. If he's there seeing you, obviously he wants to be there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell yourself that you're sexy af and if he doesn't like you that he missed out

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to imagine your date naked.

Sorry, wrong. That tip is for public speaking jitters.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do some shots

0|0
    0|0
  • Come on... masturbate girll

0|1
    0|0
  • That's good don't worry about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just stay calm, it's going to be OK, right?

0|0
    0|0
    • To put it in an understandable sentence, if your first date went alright, you can't mess up the second one.

• Shot of tequila

0|0
    0|0
  • Play a game of chess with music on.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's impossible

0|0
    0|0
  • A drink

0|0
    0|0