Why am I scared to start dating again? How can I overcome that?

So a few months ago my ex broke up with me and blocked me. He had cheated and we got into an argument and we couldn't work it out so he blocked me. I was completely heartbroken and for a few moths I was not myself. When I finally started being myself again, he sent a picture to one of my closest friends with his new girlfriend (the girl who he cheated with) and started acting weirdly: showed up to the events I was in (and even brought his girlfriend once), interrupted me when I was talking to people, came to say hello to whoever I was talking to, sit on the same sofa as me when I was talking to another guy... and his best friend would always be around looking at what I did and who I talked to. This made me miserable for months, and even I tried my best to ignore it. Everybody around saw his attitude and it was a bit too much, they've all told me I deserve to be happy and left alone; which is all I want.

And there is this other guy in one of my classes. He seems nice and I find him attractive. Last weekend we went out and we were talking for a bit and he seems a bit interested. But I am really scared to even open myself to see if he is actually interested or just friendly. I want to start living life a bit again but I am terrified that I will get my heart broken again. I don't want to spend nights crying myself to sleep and suffer all over again... But I do like him even if it is a bit, so I really don't know what to do.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• It's all in your head. You have to just convince yourself it's ok and get back up. Don't let this one guy scare you off from meeting and being happy with an amazing guy. But no one can really do this for you but you. This guy could be awful or the best guy ever but you won't know if you don't give him the chance to show you.

Most Helpful Guy

• If a man is going out with you he's interested. Try just hugging him or resting your head on his shoulder to show him you're ready to reduce the boundaries in your relationship.