Are these mind games, Am I being "gaslighted" (tricked into thinking I'm overthinking and going crazy)?

I split up with my ex a month ago. The first time we met he looked at me and said "I feel like I've met you before like I've always known you" and from then on he would always call, want to see me and constantly complimented me he went on to say other things such as "I've been hurt before I don't want to end up like that again but I've proper let you in please just don't do anything stupid" "all I care about is your happiness" "everything in my life is coming together and now I've met you I'm just so happy" asking to take me on holiday, if I wanted him to buy me a new bag and would just always look at me and tell me he couldn't believe how happy he felt. The moment I started to feel things back and told him I was falling for him he did a complete change he went distant stopped calling and didn't want to see me. I asked what was going on he said he wasn't sure if he could commit to me. We argued, it drove me mad but I just left it 5 days later he messaged me saying "I've been going through a lot that you are not aware of and i need you to know that pressure pushes me away because I've got so much I can't deal with and your adding to it I just need you to know that" so I replied saying it's fine don't need to explain yourself , he rang we spoke he suggested we give it another try and he would ring me he never rang 2 week later I ring him and ask what's going on he says what do you mean what's going on I haven't seen you for a month nothing's going on, again I was so angry this time we argued and I brought up everything about what he has said in the past how he messaged me apologising now is saying this he acted like I was crazy and said I have never felt a connection to you there was no chemistry but would not acknowledge all the stuff he had said to me. Even writing this I'm thinking wow this is definitely mind games but because I can not get the closure I need could someone please give there take of this whole thing? Is he a complete narcissist or am I just crazy

10