Why does he say he has feelings for me and then not act on them?

There is this guy in my class, he’s one of my best friends and we’re really close. A couple weeks ago, he admitted that he had feelings for me. I didn’t know what to answer so I played it cool. Now I have had some time to think and I’ve come to the conclusion that I like him too. I said this to him and he answered that he just wanted to stay friends but that he has to think about what I just said to him. I’m really confused. Why say that you have feelings for me and then not act on them? Also important to mention, we flirt a lot, I’ll give you some examples: when we’re at parties/ clubs he constantly puts his hand on my ass and squeezes it, he also holds my hand at random times, he hugs me, ... etc. I really don’t get it. Please help me unravel this mystery of a guy.

02

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually a guy will say that because he likes you but put yourself in his shoes does he know how you feel? He doesn't act on it because he can't because he needs your consent to act.

• Yes, he knows. I recently did say to him that I have feelings for him too. That’s why I’m so confused, because he says that he likes me and I’ve said it too, but he doesn’t do anything about it.

• I think give him a nudge in the right direction. See what he does.