My female friends say I should purposely be mean?

A rather unanimous decision from all my female friends is that I should be mean, on purpose, to be attractive to girls. 10/10 people say I'm very nice, too nice. Can anyone explain how this mean stuff works? And yes. I'm clueless :/

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I can tell you that you're not going to find good quality female friends by being mean to them. If you have a tendency to be a nice person in general, stick to your personality and I'm sure you'll find some women who'll like you for your kindness and thoughtfulness! I never really understood women who wanted to be treated badly on purpose. Would you want someone to be mean to you to get their attention?

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It means be a tease. Get comfortable insulting someone in jest, be kind of jerkish or sarcastic sometimes but not enough to make it seem like that's your whole personality. Then when you start to treat her nicer she'll feel like she actually earned it because she's special to you. I guess...

But yeah, basically whatever you do, don't be a pushover.

0|1
    1|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I guess they said that because most of the time girls are attracted to bad boys not to the nice ones. But stick to your personality, and you'll get a great woman. Guys like you deserve to be cherished. We don't want you to get some crazy masochist girl.

1|1
    0|0
  • Don't be mean, but don't be a push over. Honestly, being the nice guy nets less immediate reward, but pays off long term.

My wife was way out of my league. I only won her heart because I wasn't mean like the rest.

1|1
    0|0
  • That's so stupid!!! Don't do that, and don't trust the advice of anyone who would say that

1|1
    0|0
  • It's not a binary equation. You don't have to be mean per se, but you do have to be your own man and not just agree with people when really you'd rather do something else.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should be you, if you are not mean by nature do not pretend. It is all about the way you express yourself and how you talk it does work for good looking confident guys.

1|1
    0|0
  • Mean guys are obnoxious. Stay true to yourself dude.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be yourself you will get further in life with people..

0|0
    0|0
  • This just shows that women have problems

0|1
    1|1
  • You should be you

0|0
    0|0
  • it means stop being a push over, it doesn't mean to treat girls like shit.

2|1
    0|0
    • If you know your game and know yourself even though you treat them like shit you will get pressued. It is not that it does not work just not for everyone lol

Recommended myTakes