My female friends say I should purposely be mean?

A rather unanimous decision from all my female friends is that I should be mean, on purpose, to be attractive to girls. 10/10 people say I'm very nice, too nice. Can anyone explain how this mean stuff works? And yes. I'm clueless :/

48

Most Helpful Guy

• I can tell you that you're not going to find good quality female friends by being mean to them. If you have a tendency to be a nice person in general, stick to your personality and I'm sure you'll find some women who'll like you for your kindness and thoughtfulness! I never really understood women who wanted to be treated badly on purpose. Would you want someone to be mean to you to get their attention?

Most Helpful Girl

• It means be a tease. Get comfortable insulting someone in jest, be kind of jerkish or sarcastic sometimes but not enough to make it seem like that's your whole personality. Then when you start to treat her nicer she'll feel like she actually earned it because she's special to you. I guess...

But yeah, basically whatever you do, don't be a pushover.