Why did she do this to me?

When i was 13 my sister of 19 came to me with the bible and wanted me to join her... she completely tried to brainwash me with it and i believed her... and at 18 she convinced me to stop going to school or find a job. Now i was a girl with low confidence and i was very quiet. I feel behind with life right now...

06

Most Helpful Guy

• Religious people (especially Christians) will try to convince you that their way of belief is right and that every other form of belief is wrong because that's the basis of the belief itself. Its a very illogical way of thinking but unfortunately its also very common. She way have felt that she was doing the right thing but that's only because she didn't have a proper understanding of life and the universe let alone our place in it. A lot of religious people are afraid of that which they don't understand so they cling to their beliefs but it doesn't make them bad people, it just makes them confused people. It probably wasn't done deliberately to cause your life to be difficult.