What are the different types of ways people show their love or how they need to be loved?

For me, I need to be told how much he loves me, not constantly, but I just need to hear it in order to believe it. I’m a similar sense, I feel like it’s important for ME to remind him how I feel every once in awhile. Gifts and grand gestures are nice I guess, but I think words are more sincere in my mind.

My boyfriend is not a words person however, he doesn’t usually tell me how he feels, but he expresses it through the things he does. Opening doors, asking me how my day was, always saying goodnight before bed no matter what (we are long distance so sometimes we don’t get to talk til the end of the day) giving me a jacket without asking when we got out, being able to tell when I’m stressing about something without me saying anything and asking out of nowhere how to help. He is a doer and I am very verbal. What are other ways people “love”?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Check out the 5 love languages. There's a test for it too.

They are

Acts of Service
    Quality Time
    Physical Touch
    Gifts
    Words of Affirmation

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'm not very good at speaking my emotions so I tend to show it by physical affection i. e. I'm a cuddle whore. I hold her hand, kiss her hand and am very physical, I also will do the things your boyfriend does as well (but I feel like that's just being a gentlemen), and I get pretty flirty (but oddly only with a girl I am already in a relationship with).

0|0
    0|0
  • Expressing is the way of showing your love to your partner. Some do it by action and other by words. Both are important in relationship. Of you just say i love you more and do nothing than you doubt that person. And if he just stays by your side, respects you, helps you and doesn't say a word or expresses it, it looks like its just attraction. So you must talk to him about expressing his feelings. Maybe he'z shy with words.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like selfless gestures, such as a random suprize like doing the dishes or making dinner without asking or planning a date night doing something i love.

0|0
    0|0
  • cmon, it´s not that big deal. Everyone needs to be told they are loved, or prooven. You got proove, and if you don´t see it, you are blind. I dunno what you want to make clear, you wanna 5 love languages? There is full internet of them. You just said it, you say it, he does it, what the hell is wrong here, he just thinks you are better than him

0|0
    0|0
  • That the only two love with words and action bible concept love unconditionally

0|0
    0|0
  • Actions speak louder than words...

... but at the end of the day, who doesn't love a "I love you" at the end of the day..

0|0
    1|0
  • There are 5 love languages. Affirmation, quality time, gifts, acts of service and physical touch

0|0
    0|0
  • Through attention. Whether showing or expecting to receive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just doing things to one person that you wouldn't do to others

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone person can only show their love by beautiful conversation and time spend.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me joking or telling people I love my problems😁

0|0
    0|0
  • my boyfriend is the opposite, he says how he likes me and all but for me actions are louder than words so even If he said he loves me thousand times, I won't pay attention to that If he doesn't behave like that

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes