How do you get past rejection?

I'm 22 and have never had a serious relationship, the most dates I've ever gone on someone with is four and as of today that's over. I will admit that I am someone who gets ahead of myself, the moment I like someone I start to plan way further ahead than I have any right to. Recently I met someone we had a few dates and everything was going really well it seemed, we both got on really well - at least I thought so - and she always seemed up for meeting up again. However, the last time we met up, it got kind of awkward, it still ended ok and we kissed goodbye. But I felt there was something off, so when I asked her if everything was ok over text, I got a response that she was not personally ready for a relationship, that she thought she was but isn't and that she feels bad because she liked me and that I was so sweet. Now I feel this was kind of an excuse and that she really didn't like me. This is the fifth girl that I've really liked who for some reason or other hasn't reciprocated, I know that I have no reason to really like someone after only a couple of dates but I do - I really can't help it, the last girl lived in a foreign country and was only here for uni, which I'm graduating from this June so would have been a long distance issue, although the uni is only a few hours on the train from where I live, and so I tried not to get attached because I knew it would end in a month or so, my thinking was a summer fling would be nice, but I ended up having feelings for her. How does one get passed the feeling that you're unlovable, that nobody will actually like you?

It've had one night stands which I hate, I don't like not actually liking/having a connection with my partner, but it seems to be the only sort of relationship which works for me.

1329

Most Helpful Girl

• As a girl, I can honestly say that her "excuse" was how she genuinely felt. If the girl didn't like you, she wouldn't have wasted her time on the days she sent out with you, and she wouldn't have let it get so far as to let you kiss her, boo. She was probably being honest when she said that she likes you, but isn't ready for a relationship.

I'm so sorry that you feel rejected. It's one of the worst feelings in the world. But think of it as a mood: its gonna be there, then its gonna be gone. You just have to push past it and love your own self

• Thanks, it's more the general rejections from people I actually like which gets me down, it seems I only seem to be liked by people I don't. Or people you meet in a club you have no connection to, which isn't fun for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• DUDE THAT'S WHAT'S BRINGING YOU DOWN MORON
    Listen confidence goes a long way with women and dont be afraid to love and take the chance just don't grow hatred towards women because of past experiences
    I lnow what your going through so if you need to talk text me

• I agree with this.
      Also, first impressions dont matter that much when meeting new people, but a handshake says a lot about a man and leaves a lasting impression. Have a full, firm grip, and look the person in the eye.
      It drives me crazy when a guy doesn't grab my hand all the way, or pulls me toward him, or has a weak grip

• Oh, I have no hatred towards them, I love them. My low confidence I fix by acting confident, which is often commented upon, whereupon I admit I'm not that cocky. It's more the fact that everyone I've liked doesn't feel the same and the one's I care nothing for seem to like me. I just don't know how to fix this cycle.

• Throught yourself outside your comfort zone