I asked a coworker out to (group) lunch and he said yes? Does he know I like him now?

I started a new job a few months ago and I have a huge crush on a coworker. I didn't think he was interested but we've been working together/interacting more (I know he's single). He's incredibly helpful and will sit with me for hours to explain things. People in our office like to do big group lunches, and I heard another coworker ask if he wanted to join and he said no he's busy. While I was waiting for people to get ready to leave, I walked over to his office and said jokingly "are you sure you don't want to come with us?". I was surprised he said "sure I'll come". Others seemed surprised too because he usually turns down invitations. We didn't talk much at lunch (he seems extremely quiet) but he sat next to me in the car and sat next to me at the restaurant. Does it seem like he's interested, and does he know I like him now since I asked him to lunch with us?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• You gave him no indication whatsoever that you liked him. This is just typical everyday employee interaction. Sure, someone who liked him might act this way. But so could just about anyone else in the office.

Now as far as his actions, that could also be explained multiple ways. Sure, his actions might indicate an interest, but it could also be other things. Like he just knows you better, or is more comfortable around you.

Sorry, but you need to be MUCH more to the point if you want to get a message across. He can't read your mind.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing indicating it.