I asked a coworker out to (group) lunch and he said yes? Does he know I like him now?

I started a new job a few months ago and I have a huge crush on a coworker. I didn't think he was interested but we've been working together/interacting more (I know he's single). He's incredibly helpful and will sit with me for hours to explain things. People in our office like to do big group lunches, and I heard another coworker ask if he wanted to join and he said no he's busy. While I was waiting for people to get ready to leave, I walked over to his office and said jokingly "are you sure you don't want to come with us?". I was surprised he said "sure I'll come". Others seemed surprised too because he usually turns down invitations. We didn't talk much at lunch (he seems extremely quiet) but he sat next to me in the car and sat next to me at the restaurant. Does it seem like he's interested, and does he know I like him now since I asked him to lunch with us?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You gave him no indication whatsoever that you liked him. This is just typical everyday employee interaction. Sure, someone who liked him might act this way. But so could just about anyone else in the office.

Now as far as his actions, that could also be explained multiple ways. Sure, his actions might indicate an interest, but it could also be other things. Like he just knows you better, or is more comfortable around you.

Sorry, but you need to be MUCH more to the point if you want to get a message across. He can't read your mind.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing indicating it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• He seems interested. And no, you have only been friendly. Your behavior as described is in no way indicative of anything beyond being nice. Assumimg that he is sane.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seriously? You are 30 and still doing the teenage thing? Just fucking talk to him about it already.

1|3
    0|0
  • may be, you need to make your position clear to him asap

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly no
    Men are timid and foolish
    We don't get hints
    The only way is to directly say it

0|0
    0|0
  • No he doesn’t know you like him

0|2
    0|0
  • Sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • sure he knows that

0|0
    0|0
  • No indication at all.

You invited him to a group get together and were the second person to bug him. He probably felt awkward and went because the group wouldn't take no for an answer.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes