He cheated on me?

I have dated this boy for one year now. We have had a great time together and I love him with all of my heart. But last week when I went on his phone I saw that he had been texting a different girl that also goes to our school. The girl has never liked me and keeps on talking about me and my friends. I have told my mom, my best friend and his brother. Me and his brother are really close friends and he got really pissed when he found out what his brother had been doing. I told him not to tell anyone because I am really embarrassed. I have not told the boy that I know about the texting because I am scared of losing him, but at the same time I can’t keep on pretending everything is okay. Yesterday he walked up to me but I just walked right by him because I was really mad and hurt. I know that I need to tell him and break up with him, but I’m just scared that he is going to be with her afterwards. What should I do?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would you want to be with a guy like that in the first place?
    Think of yourself is what you should do, you already are angry at him, do you think if you and him stayed together he'll change? He's not going to change and you are going to get hurt over and over, then your anger will turn into rage, you'll start building up a resentment toward him that won't ever go away.
    You're young, you don't deserve to be treated that way, don't let him think after cheating you'll still want him anyway, don't be a doormat for any guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Break up, why are you scared that he'll be with her? The problem here is if he cheated he didn't really care about you and then you shouldn't be giving a fuck about him.