Do guys still have to make the first move?

You all know it, hints that women give are hazy at best, leaving a guy with guesses and experience while making a first move. Wouldn't it be simpler if you guys simply walked up to the guys you like?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Men should always make the first move, but women should show interest if she likes him. Be nice, flirtatious in a classy way, laugh at his stupid jokes and compliment him. Women do not be nice to men you don't like, my ex told me that being nice to a man is misleading, At first I was like what? then I realized it's true. Be serious and show obvious disinterest if you don't like him so there are no mistakes.

0|2
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Never had a girl ask me out directly honestly I’d snatch her up in an instant if she did because it’ll be something new especially to know a girl actually went out of her way and asked me. I personally wouldn’t bother going up to a female as I’m always iifffyy about doing so due to the response and humiliation.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It would be nice. But I know that they are shy and don't take hints well or they ignore hints. A lot of women are taught that they shouldn't make moves that the guy should. I know that they won't without the ideal circumstances. I try to make it easier for a guy who wants to. I am willing to do it more now because I know that it can be nerve-wracking for most guys. I don't want to not get my chance with the guy because he didn't get up the nerve. I'll just get up the nerve.

0|1
    0|0
  • Anyone who’s interested in someone else should make a move.

Active is always more effective than passive, in this regard.

0|1
    0|0
  • Unfortunately in this modern world, the stereotype of the guy asking the girl out still stands true.

Many studies have been done on this subject, and guys that ask girls out are seen as more masculine, and hence attractive to females.

However, I highly encourage girls to start taking the lead. If a girl sees a hot guy, say hello him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, everytime I wanted to start a relationship, I had to make the first move. I'm sick of it, since I never succeeded, so now I'm waiting for a person of my opposite sex to start with the talking or else.

0|0
    0|1
  • I speak not for all but the majority. With so much hype about gender equality, girl power, there are still much expectation on men. Like the ability to provide, protect and take the initiatives. This is such a sensitive debate often not worth the whiplash that follows. But yea, it'd be a fresh change if a lady even make the first hint of liking me or wanting to go out.😃

0|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily, it differs for every woman. I'd personally prefer it, but I have a way of letting a guy know beforehand that it's ok to approach me.

0|1
    0|1
  • Yes it would be way easier, but I’m way too shy to make the first move.

0|1
    0|0
  • Men are generally the dominant sex so therefore are expected to make the first move. It displays confidence when done so.

0|0
    0|1
  • I feel like it should be a balance of both showing interest

0|2
    0|0
  • No. But I've met guys who act like girls, as in playing hard-to-get, dropping hints etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I made the first move with my current boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that if a girl likes you, she shouldn't be scared to approach. I personally am to shy to approach first.

0|1
    0|0
  • Women should make the first move, men should express their interest. Nothing more nothing less, the rest is behind closed doors.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m love-shy, so I don’t have the courage to ask a girl out, but I’m very social otherwise.

0|0
    0|0
  • I want the other person to make the first move either if it was a guy or a girl

0|0
    0|0
  • No I've hsd girls make moves on me. (They weren't my type though haha)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea sadly, apparently people on gag think men are hunters or something

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems okay to allow personal preference here. I've experienced both, and both are fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. If she wants it she should go and get it

0|5
    0|0
  • I made the first move

1|1
    0|0
  • yes I think they do <3

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes they do.

0|0
    0|1
    • Let's be fair. Most of the time men chase girls because they want sex with them. Not the other way round. Girls just want the attention. Wouldn't it just be perfect for you if the girls you want just offered themselves up to you no bother, no effort involved and no strings attached

• These days doing so could land you in jail!

0|1
    0|0
  • No!!

0|0
    0|0
  • No. 900π% of the time

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend made the first move

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd prefer it

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes they have to.

0|0
    0|0
  • For the most part yeah yep people say it means we control our own destiny which is something I never liked

0|0
    0|0
  • For me yea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats the part where most woman dont want equality

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes