Is it cheating to sleep with an ex if you are on a break?

My ex called me up. I stayed the night. When I asked her why she called me a few days later she told me she was on a break from her current boyfriend and it meant nothing.Is it cheating to sleep with an ex if you are on a break?
  • Too right it is!
    Vote A
  • Hell no its a break!
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it is. A break means the two of you are still in a relationship just taking some personal time to work on what ever the issue may be. Now if its a breakup thats different because the two of you have both agreed that the relationship is over with no hope remaining for the future.

5|5
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, totally. It's not cheating until she finds out the other guy she took a break from did it to her, THEN she'll say it's cheating.

Seriously though, that's cheating. If I found out that happened, more than just our 'break' would be over.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No such thing as a break your either together or not

1|13
    0|0
    • I approve of this message

• I disagree. Many couples who go on breaks do so because they need some time off to reflect what they want out of the relationship, and if their needs are being met etc. It's a chance to get a clearer perspective on where things are headed and see if it's worth it to keep going. People just like to be dismissive of breaks simply because they often end with the couple ending it, and then they're like "oh they just postponed the inevitable". Well, maybe they would have been together for even longer if they hadn't taken the break. And there are those who successfully maintain the relationship after the break too, because they came to some important and positive realizations about their relationship/behaviors in the relationship.

• Well.. it was a break so it's kinda not cheating. But if you love the one you taked a break with it's a very low thing to do.

Like.. if me and my partner would take a break from each other and he would fuck one of his ex's or anyone else, I would still take very badly on it and I wouldn't forgive him in a long while, maby not even take him back and just break up ๐Ÿ˜Œ

0|3
    0|0
  • โ€˜Breaksโ€™ are just excuses to cheat and get away with it tbh. Either break up or fix your relationship.

2|5
    0|0
  • Yeah it is bc its a break... Not a break up. Isn't a break is when you need to think about things and sort out thing to make your current relationship better and make improvements or make a final decision to break up? Not an opportunity to cheat and sleep around?

1|0
    0|0
  • A 'break' is womanspeak for "we're broken up already, I need to find your replacement, but also need to keep you on retainer just in case." Don't let her monkey branch back to you, unless you want her lying, cheating ass back...

0|2
    0|0
  • Whether you define it as cheating is almost besides the point. Its a super shitty thing to do. That's why i don't do breaks. If there's an issue that can't be resolved in the current relationship its almost always best to just end it like adults. Leave the door open to the future if you want, but time outs should be saved for sports

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol all the guys said no but then again of course they would ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

2|1
    0|1
    • A lot of guys actually said it was cheating. Did you even bother to scroll down and read?

• Show All
    • @demonics Accurate picture. LOL.

• I feel exes were made exes for a reason bro. Keep em out so they don't slither back into yet life and re cause you pain even if it's sex it's a trap and if yer (Takeing a break) to have sex with someone else then the relationship yet takeing a break on is technically over bro. You don't respect it anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's cheating. Going off topic. Your ex either used you or she might not be over you completely, might explain the break with her current boyfriend.

0|2
    0|0
  • The concept of a "break" is stupid as fuck. Girls in particular use it as an excuse to whore around for a period while they think about whether they want to keep being in a relationship with that guy, which in most cases they do after they've gotten more cum sprayed into them than a teenage boy's sock.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you watched the tv show Friends? This is a running theme.
    Personally I'd say it's not cheating. But if you have hopes of reviving the relationship it's probably not a good idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lets look at the word break, what does it mean, time apart from something, so its not defined by just saying break what is okay and not okay. If they said there on a break and its okay to have sex then thats fine, but some couple just want some space from each other but still be faithful to each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its cheating. When you do a break you're supposed to think about your relationship, not to call your ex and fuck.
    Thats what I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a great question. Maybe one way to answer this is to add more details to what exactly it means to go on a break. For example the break could mean break up. But break could also mean timeout. To me it seems like this needs to be defined before the break begins.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. 100% your a slut. That's why ANY time the word "break" gets brought up by a girl means it's her justification for being able to cheat and then bring you back like nothing happend...

1|1
    0|0
  • A break means that you intend to go back to eachother after a while, so I think that is cheating.

1|2
    0|0
  • Oh god, this is like Ross and Rachel... But I would take Ross's side on this one. It is ok to sleep with other people if you are on a break as long as there are no feelings involved...

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly! We were on a break!!!

• Yeah, a break is basically just time apart from each other to try and sort through their issues and things like that. That takes time and humans wether it's male or female, all have needs. So if you are on a break then it's totally ok to sleep with other people as long as there's no feelings involved...

• A break is a break - which means in that current situation you're not together but it can affect a relationship, if they take it the wrong way..

... I feel like it would affect regardless actually..

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends. To me a break is still being in a relationship so sleeping with anyone else is cheating, but some couples agree to sleep with other people if they want during the break.

0|1
    0|0
  • A break is different from a real break up. There is a difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • Break means you need to evaluate the whole relationship and whether to pursue or not. You aren't in relationship with your SO and haven't break up like. So sleeping with anyone else is cheating.. well in my book

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand the concept of a break. If you need some space and me time, that's fine, but I would still consider it being in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • 'On a break' from another guy? Euphemisms. She should probably make up her mind about who she wants to sleep with. Sounds like a slut but whatever rocks your boat.

0|0
    0|0
    • We're not allowed to shame women playing the field like that. Just saying. Lol :(.

• It's only cheating if you are Rachel from "Friends".

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends entirely what her and her boyfriend decided was ok/not ok to do during the break.
    If they didn't set up any clear rules before going on the break, we get a Ross and Rachel setup where neither is in the wrong, nor int the right. One party can't expect monogamy from the other if they don't express that they want monogamy even during the break, nor can the other party expect that they have the right to sleep around because they're on a break.
    If they've decided it's ok to see other people during the break, it's not cheating. If they've decided that it's not ok, then it's cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • There shouldn't be "breaks" if it works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't. Why waste time? Just get over it and find someone whom does not require "breaks"

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup. It's cheating. But who cares - if you're 'on break' you already have two failed relationships anyway. Do them both if they'll let you. LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • While it isn't really cheating I think it leaves a lasting toll on the relationship

1|1
    0|1
  • In my opiniom it is not a great idea but yet still it is a break and from this perspective not cheating

0|0
    0|0
  • She's a sloot. She wants a break so she can have sex with other guys.
    Who takes a "break" anyway? That's stupid. Just break up.

0|0
    0|0
  • if you are sleeping with a different person when your not broken up with your boyfriend or girlfriend it is classified as cheating

0|0
    0|0
  • In my eyes if you're on a break, you're actually broken up

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no such thing as a break.

You're either broken up or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Did we all not see the series Friends? "We were on a break" does not fly.

0|0
    0|0
  • To me a break means no longer in a relationship or broken up

0|0
    1|0
  • See Friends, Season 3 Episode 15, The One Where Ross And Rachel Take A Break and on

0|0
    0|0
  • That's up to her and her boyfriend to decide.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never a good idea.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Breaks allow this.

0|0
    0|3
  • I mean, it's reason why she's your Ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • A7a of course a fucken cheating

0|0
    0|0
  • If my ex called me up for some hard meat, I'd tell her to gtfo. Men are far too easy. All a girl has to do is flutter one eyelash to get some. You don't know where that ex has been, the current state of her sexual health, or what the guy, or his friends may do when they find out.

Breaks are as foolish as friends with benefits and all of the other bullshit that comes along with the decline in this dishonest society.

0|0
    0|0
  • No itโ€™s a break

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes