My girlfriend got upset when my friend checked her out?

Last night we were getting ready to go to dinner and when my girlfriend walked out of my bedroom, dressed up, my friend looked her up and down. She got upset about this. I know that you all don't know her, and I'll probably bring it up to her eventually, but I'm worried about how to treat her and wanted to hear some opinions. We're in love and we're definitely physically attracted to each other. I can't tell if she'd be upset with anyone checking her out (including me) or if it was just my friend. I definitely check her out, although I don't do it obviously, and I would kind of hope she's checking me out. I'm not sure if she thinks its wrong or it makes her uncomfortable for anyone to check anyone out or not. She's also gotten upset when people have catcalled her on the street, but I thought this would be different because she's also friends with my friend and I would hope she knows he doesn't have malicious intent. I was under the impression most women are only upset when men are disrespectful or stare. Could I be wrong about this? Do women not check out guys (or even more importantly someone they've told they love), and its only guys that check out women's bodies? I have a feeling I'm being paranoid but I was interested in hearing the distribution.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Women check out women and men. I am a straight girl who checks out women’s bodies sometimes, and many fellow straight girls also check out women’s bodies. Sounds like she just doesn’t like when people look at her. If they’re not ogling her or cat calling her, sounds weird because they’re not being disrespectful, they’re simply looking at beauty like a normal person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not okay if she is not okay with it

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe she's worried it will upset you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes