Should o give up on him?

I like this guy at work and he seems to like me but we work in different departments and different areas so we basically see each other at the elevators, passing by. And there is nothing to talk about work related.

We had a few conversations and laughs here and there but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. The other day it looked like he wanted to come sit next to me but didn't.

Lately its just kind of been a hi and bye thing. I was trying to work up the nerve to say something to him or place myself in a position for him to feel confident enough to do it. I catch him staring at me and he quickly diverts eyes.

Should I give up? What can I do to make him more comfortable short of sending him a email to strike up conversation because I thought of that too. I'm also shy and scared of rejection. Thank you

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You've answered you own question. I like the idea of you getting out of your comfort zone and going out of your way to chat with him. That should show him that you have some interest. Also the putting yourself in a position where he can talk to you sounds good too.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've tried sitting in an area I know he will be but we just say hi and bye to each other. And it's the same thing with other things. I tried asking him about something else but he didn't get that I was hitting on him. Lol and then I'm just as shy as he is but I thought I was making it obvious that I liked him. I thought about sending a email by "mistake" and having us correspond about something random to get more familiar but my sister said that he will know I sent it to him on purpose and think it was weird and I would come on too strong. So I'm just lost.

• You might need a third person to help. Like a work friend of yours of his that can mention you when you when you have those hi and bye situations where that person can basically say "hey man the way she smiles and looks at you I think she likes you" type thing to give him confidence.

• That makes since and friends have offered to be a buffer or talk to him with me or for me. But I didn't want to sound like an idiot or come off not confident. I'm 29 I should be able to do this. I've only asked two guys out in my life and that was over text and email.

Recommended myTakes