Why do I suddenly find this 43 year old guy so attractive?

I know this guy who’s in his early forties. I’m 21. And I’ve never in my life had a crush on an older (let alone much older) guy! All my exes and ex crushes have been younger or my age. Why in the fuck am I suddenly interested in this guy?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because I'm sure he's still sexy and also has really great traits that you admire. Plus, he likely has a career, home, and is willing to treat you better than some guys closer to your age who have no clue what they want to do with their future yet.

2|1
    1|0
    • Yep, but I think it’s more his maturity and dominant attitude haha I don't know

• I can see that lol. I like older guys who have that "I'll do anything to look after you" personality. It's really endearing. I'm sure you will find a guy closer to your age who is also mature and has a take-charge personality, it's just a great thing to be able to identify what you like in a future SO.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is natural for someone your age. But it's not a good idea. If you want to date older, I'd recommend someone who is not over 30.

2|2
    0|0
    • Would you ever see a 21 year old as a serious potential date or “just a kid”?

• Truthfully, I see a 21 year old as a child. Not legally, but mentally.

• Understandable. Thank you

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• In my opinion, it's okay to think he's attractive.. BUT, I personally wouldn't hook up. I think it's dangerous a lot of times. There's a lot of possibilities he could prey on you, like creepily, manipulate your young mind, could even be a pedophile? Not saying that's all true, but it is risky. I just hope you're careful<3

2|1
    2|1
    • Thanks !!

• Show All
    • It’s fine I understand. I can usually tell when a guy is pervy or whatever but he seems pretty mature and stuff lol. The problem is, I don't know if he sees me as “just a kid” 😂😂

• You should probably just talk to him then. And see how things go based off of his personality and the way he talks to you.

• if he is single and available shag him..
    he will love it..

0|0
    1|0
    • Lol, that would kill the whole “dating potential” perspective... I’d turn into arm candy and nothing more

• Show All
    • " Okay you obviously have a pair of balls but you don’t have two brain cells." - No offense taken.. But you and me both know.. That when it comes to sex.. Men do not think with brain.. So it does not matter if I have brain cells or not, it does not changes the equation...

The thing is men are in apex of their life.. When they are from 30-45..
      ( when they have money and are mature and can provide for the women)
      Women apex in their life from 15 - 30.. Because this is when they are most ripe fertile and healthy to nurture a baby..
      This instincts that you feel are evolved from the most basic necessity of survival and choosing the best mate to have offspring with..
      And I can also tell you that since you find him smart, experienced, understanding and mature, you have given a thought of having a baby with him.. Too.. This are primitive instincts to sexual female mind, when it comes to choosing a mate..

• Okay... whatever you say dude 🤣

• That's what I would really like to know since you're a woman and have a crush on an older man. Please try to help me out why do young girls crush on older guys, is it because of a daddy figure or older guys are more mature and make more money and have their head together or because they age well like a fine wine?

0|0
    0|0
    • It’s mostly about their character. Dominance and being old fashioned. There’s something very alluring about that lol. And no it’s not about a daddy figure... unless she decides to depend on you instead of seeing you as a partner!

• Show All
    • Welcome!

• You will forget it , and you don't need an old dude to have fun or find your love , there are a lot of younger man around don't waste your time with an old guy

0|0
    3|1
  • Only you can answer that just cuz he is older does not mean he does not have qualities you are attracted to

0|0
    0|0
  • Why are you asking us? Maybe he is handsome? Why do you think he is attractive?

0|0
    2|1
  • Ughhh. Girls sometimes feel that way, I can imagine. Having a crush on someone more mature and who is experienced.

0|0
    0|0
  • Security, stability, and money.

1|0
    2|0
    • I don’t see any of that as particularly attractive

• Show All
    • 😂😂 Geez, relax.

• Babies have wrinkled balls. How is that relevant?

• It's a sense of maturity and security..

1|0
    0|0
    • Makes sense

• Show All
    • Serious potential. I've dated a few 18 and 19 year olds to see that their outlook changed after turning 21..

• Thanks

• Just you and your inclinations at the time

0|0
    0|0
  • As others have said, it is because he seems more mature and stable. Not necessarily money related. You seem quite mature from your comments / replies so maybe you can relate to him more than guys your age

1|0
    0|0
  • IDEK WTF

0|0
    1|1

Recommended myTakes