🌹🌹Why beautiful women with a simple yet elegant look don't get noticed?

I mean women who are beautiful and do not wear revealing clothes; they dress elegantly but smartly, without blindly following fashion. They don't wear too much make up, or they don't wear it at all.

Do guys prefer women who try to draw attention to themselves by wearing edgy fashion and a lot of make up?

I noticed this. I belong to the first category and I don't get noticed when I moved to a new country.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You may suffer from Beautiful Girl Syndrome Type II.

If you Google "Beautiful Girl Syndrome", that's basically saying that beautiful girls can be bitchier and high maintenance because guys are willing to put up with more because she is so beautiful. Guys won't put up with so much shit and work if the girl isn't so attractive.

"Beautiful Girl Syndrome Type II" is a phrase I coined, but it's a real thing I discovered not quite 40 years ago. This will take some time to explain...

All guys need to feel that they can "win". They view things something like a competition in which there is some goal that they want to achieve. If a guy wants something and he believes that there is SOME possibility that he may get it, he will get emotionally involved. If he begins to believe that he won't get that, then he begins to withdraw and get emotionally detached. However, sometimes a guy doesn't even think he has a chance, so he doesn't bother...

And this is where "Beautiful Girl Syndrome Type II" comes in. If a girl is really beautiful, a regular guy thinks:
    1. There are a zillion other guys who want her.
    2. She almost certainly already has a boyfriend.
    3. There is no way she'd be attracted to me; I am not anything special.
    4. If she did date me, she'd dump me for some better looking guy who will hit on her and there definitely will be such a guy.
    5. She's going to be bitchy and high maintenance. (In other words, he's thinking she suffers from normal Beautiful Girl Syndrome.)

So, he basically thinks that
    1) he doesn't have a chance to get her,
    2) if he did, he'll lose her, and
    3) she's going to be a lot of work.

Because oceans of guys think like this - the only exception being the hunky guys - the beautiful girl either can't find a guy or goes with dickhead hunky guys (who suffer from Beautiful Guy Syndrome). Of course, the regular guys see the beauties with the hunky guys and that just reinforces their belief that they don't have a chance...

Oh, and one more thing: Since the beautiful girls can get guys, they are getting laid... So, any new boyfriend has to "compete" against all of her past lovers and many guys don't think they are going to "measure up" (if you know what I mean) compared to those past hunky guys.

You may need to make it known you are available or be proactive and hit on men you want instead of waiting for them to hit on you. A beautiful girl being proactive removes doubts males have regarding Beautiful Girl Syndrome Type II.

1|1
    0|0
    • This is very interesting.

• Show All
    • No, that won't happen.
      Consider actually being pro-active and hitting on men. No need to wait for them to hit on you. After all, if you are good-looking enough (and I suspect you are), an available man will definitely be happy that you are interested in him. Use that power of yours.

• The thing is that I am mostly a shy person too. Thanks for your advice😊

Most Helpful Girl

• You’re style probably doesn’t fit in with the new country

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• A lot of guys may look at a woman like that and assume one of two things:
    - she HAS to already be married or in a relationship, or
    - she's WAY out of my league, I'll never have a shot.

So, they just quietly admire, and never say anything to her.

1|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion, majority of men do respond to the 2nd category (loud fashion, heavy make-up women).

But in a few occurence, the 1st category can stand out via personality, mannerism and unique personal interest.

i might be full of shit, but i just based all of this through my social life experience.

good luck to you :D

1|0
    0|0
  • No make up! go naturally. maybe you just hang around wrong guys

1|0
    0|0
  • It may be more of an issue of guys not feeling you are approachable, because of your elegance. In the sense of why try, as you are out of their league.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's just that subtle girls are the ones who attract the attention of guys who are more subtle themselves. Therefore they are less likely to make a move or show their affection.

1|0
    0|0
  • ys put their best bargins in the ndow tolure you in, if you want a man dress so your best bits e cleaclearly visible.

0|0
    0|0
  • They get noticed by a person with clear heart... Not with the rest of the world who just get attracted to people who live a materialistic life!!! So chill and be relaxed!!!

0|1
    0|0
  • They don't get noticed because they are less loud and so less visible.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe because they're kinda boring? I dunno.

0|0
    0|0
  • You do get noticed

0|0
    0|0
  • Elegance over everything

0|0
    0|0
  • Then they are not beautiful

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes