Are unofficial relationships considered to be real relationships or not?

If you were in unofficial relationship with someone, do you think that kind of relationship is a real one or not? If yes, or not, why? Tell me your opinions, thanks
*Unofficial relationship that I mean is that the guy ain't gave a statement like others do like "would you like to me my gf?" Or other stuffs related with it. Just like let the relationship flow as like water, but the girl and the guy always tell each other about their activities and etc*

85

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because it’s not official doesn’t mean that it’s not real. For example, I almost dated a guy in college. He and I were very flirtatious friends for months before I asked him out. We did a couple date-like things after that before I ended things. We still had relationship even if it could be more considered a friendship and that relationship did impact my actions in future relationships.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a real relationship, you just skipped the statements, if you act like a couple you are a couple. Technically until you get married and got the paper, nothing is official.