Turing 27 tomorrow, never had a boyfriend, first date, first kiss, still a virgin. Is it too late for me?

Good morning everyone. I'll be turning 27 years old tomorrow, and I have never come close to having a boyfriend, being kissed, holding hands, etc. I've never been asked on a date either. I went to a huge public high school, and a big public university too. Now, I work full-time, and still nothing. I've never even heard a rumor someone liked me or thought I was attractive. I feel so sad and lonely. I can't talk to friends about this because I'm too ashamed.

Knowing these few things, do you think I still have a chance at finding a boyfriend or getting married someday? I'm asking because most of my friends are already married, have serious boyfriends, or are engaged. I'm still the ugly, single friend. I know they talk about me when I'm not around too. Would you assume I'm ugly or unattractive? do you think that as I get older, my chances of getting a boyfriend get less and less (since more people settle down)? Do you think at my age, a guy will not want me since I don't have any physical experience? Has my chance past or is it too late for me? How difficult do you think it is these days for someone like me to find a boyfriend or get one date? Keep in mind, I'm not asking for a guy with movie star looks or a millionaire, doctor type. Just any regular, nice guy. I can't even be picky since I don't have anything to pick from.

Thanks for reading, and let me know what you all think! Please tell me if you have any advice or words of support. I really need it right now.

720

Most Helpful Guy

• Its certainly not impossible. You will likely need to put effort in. And to be totally honest it’s not guaranteed. I do know a number of women (and men) who it never happened for. I also know women who married late but didn’t have kids. And I know one woman who married at 47 and did have a child. But beyond that 27 is late to start dating but not remotely late to get married or have children. So you’ve missed a lot of dating around years perhaps but that’s all.

it becomes harder to “naturally” meet people with age. The proportion of single people around your drops, you tend to be in smaller social networks, you’re not tossed into 10 new classes a year etc. You’re going to have to actively try to meet men. Dating sites, pushing yourself to go to singles events, etc.

For a fast hook up men may worry about your lack of experience but for a serious relationship it’s if anything a small bonus.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone finds love at their own pace. It's not that you're ugly or anything else, it's just that perhaps you haven't come across the right guy yet. It's never too late for anyone to find love, some people even find it when they think they're past the normal age for dating. My older sister didn't find her husband until she was about 20 and he's like 7 years older than her. My point is that even though you're older, you can still find love. Just be careful of some guys that are looking for something else entirely. Don't let then go to your head.

Anyway, I wish you an early happy birthday and I hope you enjoy yourself.

• Thank you for your message and bday wishes. Why do you think some girls get their first boyfriend at 10 years and other wait until their in their late 20's or even 30's? What sets those girls apart?

• Thanks again!

• Don't mention it ^^