Turing 27 tomorrow, never had a boyfriend, first date, first kiss, still a virgin. Is it too late for me?

Good morning everyone. I'll be turning 27 years old tomorrow, and I have never come close to having a boyfriend, being kissed, holding hands, etc. I've never been asked on a date either. I went to a huge public high school, and a big public university too. Now, I work full-time, and still nothing. I've never even heard a rumor someone liked me or thought I was attractive. I feel so sad and lonely. I can't talk to friends about this because I'm too ashamed.

Knowing these few things, do you think I still have a chance at finding a boyfriend or getting married someday? I'm asking because most of my friends are already married, have serious boyfriends, or are engaged. I'm still the ugly, single friend. I know they talk about me when I'm not around too. Would you assume I'm ugly or unattractive? do you think that as I get older, my chances of getting a boyfriend get less and less (since more people settle down)? Do you think at my age, a guy will not want me since I don't have any physical experience? Has my chance past or is it too late for me? How difficult do you think it is these days for someone like me to find a boyfriend or get one date? Keep in mind, I'm not asking for a guy with movie star looks or a millionaire, doctor type. Just any regular, nice guy. I can't even be picky since I don't have anything to pick from.

Thanks for reading, and let me know what you all think! Please tell me if you have any advice or words of support. I really need it right now.

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Its certainly not impossible. You will likely need to put effort in. And to be totally honest it’s not guaranteed. I do know a number of women (and men) who it never happened for. I also know women who married late but didn’t have kids. And I know one woman who married at 47 and did have a child. But beyond that 27 is late to start dating but not remotely late to get married or have children. So you’ve missed a lot of dating around years perhaps but that’s all.

it becomes harder to “naturally” meet people with age. The proportion of single people around your drops, you tend to be in smaller social networks, you’re not tossed into 10 new classes a year etc. You’re going to have to actively try to meet men. Dating sites, pushing yourself to go to singles events, etc.

For a fast hook up men may worry about your lack of experience but for a serious relationship it’s if anything a small bonus.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone finds love at their own pace. It's not that you're ugly or anything else, it's just that perhaps you haven't come across the right guy yet. It's never too late for anyone to find love, some people even find it when they think they're past the normal age for dating. My older sister didn't find her husband until she was about 20 and he's like 7 years older than her. My point is that even though you're older, you can still find love. Just be careful of some guys that are looking for something else entirely. Don't let then go to your head.

Anyway, I wish you an early happy birthday and I hope you enjoy yourself.

2|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for your message and bday wishes. Why do you think some girls get their first boyfriend at 10 years and other wait until their in their late 20's or even 30's? What sets those girls apart?

• Show All
    • Thanks again!

• Don't mention it ^^

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Right. As I say to all these questions, you've not even been looking for romance for about at least 15/16 years seriously. 11 years is nothing in that respect. Don't let it bother you and focus on being a decent person, and looking for love if you fancy it.

1|0
    0|0
    • finding a boyfriend or love is really important to me. I really want to find someone who lives me and get married someday. I feel a lot of pressure too, especially as I get older. I worry I will wait until I'm 30 for a first kiss or something, and by that time, I will be a loser. It really does bother me. I have focused on my work and education, but I still feel sad that no men have ever liked me or asked me out.

• There is nothing wrong with waiting for mr right. Anyone or man who doesn't get that isn't worth your time anyway. It will happen, and most likely before you reach 33!

• I will be too ashamed and embarassed to find a man at 33! I always hoped I would find a boyfriend in HS, then college, then graduate school, and it never happened for me.

• I wouldn’t say you’re completely missing out on something. You’ve made a decision to focus on other issues of your life, and if you’re at peace without being involved in the dating game, then more power to you.
    You can definitely live without a relationship but having a partner does have its pros and pros outweigh the cons once you find the right person.

1|0
    0|0
  • You certainly have a shot at it but you need to get yourself into situations in which there will be some men.

I know a young lady who is rather unattractive but she became my young buddy's long-time girlfriend. They met through a common hobby group.

Anyway, I am sure you will find someone as long as you help yourself get found.

B T W, can you please PM me a photo of yourself? I doubt you are ugly but maybe there is something we can do.

3|0
    0|0
  • I remember well your pic, and you are not ugly. It is never too late.
    I didn't choose specially too be single at my age. For sure i was very shy and i worked on it. After my crushes weren't available or didn't look for a real relationship or as waiting for better... or simply not interested.
    People think, imagine that if i am single, i have a lot of non serious partners... that i am a work man, that i don't take care about no one and i am ready to move for my work as i want... Although no! I am not all of this. And married men having kids tell me "it is better like that, believe me" ...
    Our society doesn't help to find someone, there are more and more single people... People don't want be involved in something so much bigger than them (i am not talking about you ^^) and don't take seriously relationship. Thus, some person goes from one relationship to another (like my neighboor ! a true sitcom) and don't want attachment, commitment. So it is not easy to find someone.
    Not very helpful but a video talking about this :
    https://youtu.be/xzDPbrrTQys

Happy birthday by the way! Best wishes.
    p. s : Anyway, don't you live in France i suppose? ;).
    Take care. I am sure if you look around carefully, someone maybe likes you more than you can imagine. Don't hesitate to go the people, to talk, to discover them, whatever of the guy is ugly or whatever. You will be more comfortable and it will help you to define what you are looking for at guys. And if you cross one, catch him if you can. If not, next the guy.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's probably not too late. Hell, my great aunt just introduced us to her new boyfriend a little while back and she's pushing 70, so 27 can't possibly be too late. I suppose you just gotta put yourself out there. Looks have very little to do with it, it's mostly about personality and I'm sure you've heard it a million times, but you gotta have some confidence. It really does help. Good luck and happy birthday.

3|0
    0|2
  • It's never to late to find someone or for someone to find you. It sucks thinking that you will always be alone you won't and I'm sorry that no doubt you will have some idiots comments just being insults sadly some guys where dropped on there head as a child and therefore they are unbelievably stupid. Good luck to you

1|0
    0|0
  • There is no time limit for these kinds of things. Everybody have them when it is the right time for them.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for your message. But why do most girls find a boyfriend or first date when their in middle or HS and other wait until their 30's? What sets them apart?

• Not at all. You still have plenty of time. My cousin Doug and his wife were each other's firsts and they met at the age of thirty and thirty two respectively.

3|0
    0|0
  • No it's definitely not too late.
    And Happy Birthday!

1|0
    0|0
  • your are never to late for anything
    have a wonderful birthday xx

1|0
    0|0
  • It's never too late for sure! I'm turning 24 and have the same 'problem'. Everything will be fine. I'm sure.

2|0
    0|0
  • You're a woman, so it might be easier. I'd suggest going into a bar and approaching a guy sitting alone. You'd be surprised how much some guys would love that.

0|0
    0|0
  • who said its to late its never to late there was this 35 year old women she had never had a boyfriend or lost her virginity

1|0
    0|0
  • No of course it ain't message me and I'll tell you why

1|0
    2|0
  • No its not to late) Go to some church, there is people like you, there you could find a couple)

0|0
    0|0
  • No not too late just really odd

1|0
    0|0
    • Okay so was reading other opinions and just thought I'd add in twenty and the guy I'm with is my fiancee and my first so really don't worry okay? And I'm pretty sure you're not ugly okay and maybe it's you're esteem that's projects from yourself so you need to work on some self confidence

• Its never too late dear

1|0
    0|0
  • It's never too late

1|0
    0|0
  • not to late

2|0
    0|0
  • Not too late

2|0
    0|0
  • Happy birthday

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow you must be hideous

0|0
    3|2
    • Not an argument.

• Show All
    • 1/1 jayhole

• go fuck your self jayhole, don't shit in places you shouldn't, why are you on this page jayhole go fuck your self jayhole

• Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • It's never too late but at the same time it does get annoying hearing that, the reason why is because it reminds me of the years I missed out on.

1|1
    0|0
  • only if you're wanting to have kids.. you're not getting any younger...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes