Boyfriend blew me off last night to teach his friend how to play TF2. What do I do?

I work very long hours and i don’t get to game with my Boyfriend a lot. I asked the bosses for 2 hours off and made plans with my boyfriend to hang out and game last night. I work very hard and write up a 17 page Project Document to make the bosses happy. I take the time and let my boyfriend know that I’m available to hang out for 2 hours. He says “Sweet! I’d love to hang out with you, give me a few minutes, please. I’m teaching my pal how to play TF2”

I waited. Seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to hours. I waited for about 3 and a half hours until he finally said he was ready. We then both hop into Borderlands 2 and then he said “I’m actually very tired.” Not wanting to be an asshole and keep him up, I reluctantly said that he can go sleep if he wants to. He immediatly left me to be alone for the rest of the night.

I dont know what to do about this sutuation. At first I was absolutely fucking pissed, but after going to sleep I just feel sad. What should I do? Should I say something? I don’t want to interrupt him right now because he is at the mall hanging out with his friends, again... I love him to death, I’m just sad we don’t hang out anymore. It’s like he values his friends over me... Am I not fun to be around? I’m just so sad and confused. Please help me, and give your thoughts.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Real fucking rude of him to agree then mess it up later. I'm not entirely sure about one thing, you said you took a break from work just for that. Before taking a break, did you tell your boyfriend about that? If yes, that's all really his fault for not being considerate, if no, then you can't blame him that much since he didn't know how much you did only to play with him.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• That's rough. TF2 is cool and all, but he could've made some time for you. It's very difficult to provide you with an appropriate response, as I have no idea if this recurrent or a one time thing. I think you should wait until he's available, ask him if you two can talk, then bring it up with him and say that it made you feel sad.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Honestly, you should have spammed him to remind him instead of leaving it 3 and a half hours. Time probably got away from him. Talk to him about it.

0|3
    0|0
  • Given what you've said... I would be pissed if a girl did that to me. I don't know how long you two have been together, nor how often you two hang out together, but if he doesn't understand what being together means and constantly ignores you and blows you off, then there's no point in causing yourself so much pain.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dump him.
    Move on.
    Women need to come before video games - especially in this situation.

0|0
    0|2
    • Over a video game. This is why relationships never build. People expect their partners to be perfect and dumb them over stupid reasons

• Show All
    • @theflash675
      They don't have to be perfect.
      They SHOULD know the basics though - and one of those basics is that video games are not a higher priority than your woman ESPECIALLY if she has to go out of her way for you and you then waste it... playing video games.

• People make mistakes and while Some mistakes are to great to forgive its a damn video game. I will be pissed yes, but im not going to end a relationship if i see potential in it. If people do give up that easy then the bond wasn't that strong anyways. It was doomed to fail since the start

• Dont dump him like that one guy said. Talk about it and resolve it so he can learn from his mistakes

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him how that makes your feel.

0|0
    0|0
  • Learn how to play TF2

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes