Taking a break from men and dating for a long time? Any advice on finding the guy who is worth it?

So I have finally decided that I will not pursue or entertain ANY man for a very long time because I am fed up and burned out. I have tried with two men. Both turned out to be the exact same way. So much LYING, GAME PLAYING, CHEATING, ETC. I can’t deal with it anymore. This will be the first time since I was 18 that I won’t be involved with a guy. I am 21 now. I have been on and off with the same guy since 18. He is the straw that broke the camels back. I just stopped dating this other guy for similar reasons. Both were cowards. I have to be respected in a relationship. I don’t tolerate being put in the dark at all. So I flip out and they don’t enjoy it. I feel free lol! I feel like I cut off some heavy weight!!! I have such a big heart and always forgive and give chances because I love him so much but f that lol!!! So has anyone else been through this? Going a long time without dating, sex, relationships, etc. I feel like everyone else has been so lucky with love at my age. I have had the worst luck! Any advice?

110

Most Helpful Guy

• Best advice I was ever given. Quit looking and become the best you that you can be. Become active in things that align with your beliefs and you will find the person that you truly match up with.

We concentrate on the superficial aspects like looks, hobbies, or interests and then are let down when we grow apart. If you believe that animals are important, then volunteer with animals. If you like helping kids, help kids. If you believe that aliens are among us, I'm sure there's groups for that too. You get the idea In sure.
    Forget that dude and live life!

Most Helpful Girl

• I find it interesting you say you're giving up men for a long time yet asking for advice on finding a good man!!! So which is it, giving or continue looking?

Now, you need to evaluate yourself, because you chose two guys that did the same things that hurt you, so it's your part to figure out why you're choosing these men, what characteristics they showed you which you liked and didn't like. When someone has the same bad experience multiple times it's on them the choices they made...