Are we a proper couple?

So we’ve been seeing each other for 8 months. We’ve had the chat about being exclusive. We’ve both said I love you.

But for the last month, we’ve only seen each other once a week. We haven’t spent any quality time together. His dad has end stage cancer and my boyfriend is working every hour god gives when he isn’t with his dad.

I've been understanding about that and giving him space. We still text constantly through our the day and speak on the phone a few times a week. But my friend suggested that because we aren’t spending every night together or seeing each other loads that it doesn’t sound like he is committed to me or that it’s a proper relationship.

What do you think?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I think your friend has no clue what its like to losing a parent. Maybe work helps you boyfriend to get minds off things. Not that you dont deserve time with him. But it hurts. Your friend sounds like a real jerk and maybe even toxic for your relationship. boyfriend needs you now more than ever. Talking on the phone and texting is a good sign. But you do need time together yes but help support boyfriend. Maybe he will have more time in the future. Do let him know you are there for him. Let him know you want to be with him. Tell him you want some alone time with him. Maybe soend time with him when he is with Dad.
    Only you know what you can put up with. Dont let others tell you how to feel. If its going no where for you then move on. But if you love him then fight for boyfriend.