Why would he pay for me?

So me and this guy work together. Our work environment is definitely at the point where if someone on the outside came in, they'd be reporting everyone for sexual harassment. We say a lot of jokes that are meant to sound sexual. We curse, and we joke around about who would make a good couple. Of course we're joking. If you're not comfortable, we won't talk to that person at all. But we have a group of us from the kitchen staff that jokes like this. Well, me and this particular guy. Let's call him Andrew. People have told us to date and we have mutually expressed disgust for one another. Like we don't find each other attractive AT ALL. But we do joke around a lot. But we're not close outside of work. Like I don't have his number nor do I have him on social media.

Well, the other day, they tried teaching me service, like cashier position even tho I told them I was dyslexic and didn't want to handle cash. I ended up being $30 short. And they kept bugging me to pay it. When Andrew heard about it, he took out his wallet and paid the $30. Which made no sense to me. Sure we joke around but we're not close friends. I said why he did it and he just acted casual and shrugged and said "it's just money". We get paid minimum wage. Like wth.

When other people found out he paid my $30, they were completely SHOCKED. He wasn't the type of person to do something like this. So why would he pay for me?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• If I was in his shoes, I may have done the same thing. It's not out of sexual interest or anything like that, but out of friendship. Kind of like, you give a little to get a little. Anyone who would do this for me would immediately start gaining more of my loyalty. Some people are just nice.

Then again, I don't know his personality or your guy's relationship.

• He's always been kind of an asshole. We joke around and he's funny. But he's always insulted me. Which is part of our friendship. But I'm definitely gonna try and pay him back. Till next paycheck tho

• That would be the kind thing to do. I have taken out females before and paid for everything. Not only females, males too. I have a small circle of friends and I love them to death; he is right, it's just money.