Would you judge me for this?

My boyfriend has grown up in a nice neighborhood, pretty big size houses, with nice things. His parents own a wine store in the mall and a martial arts studio, they’re doing pretty good to say the least. I’m 16, still live with my parents, to some that may be too young to date but that’s just an opinion thing, anyways, so he has grown up with nice everything basically. I live in a smaller house, um not so nice neighborhood, pretty messy, more poor neighborhood, but definitely not a neighborhood where you could walk out and have to worry ab getting hurt or anything, the people are pretty friendly it’s just the appearance isn’t so nice. My boyfriend and i always go out places, i’m tired of it, he’s tired of it, he does t want me to go to his house bc his parents are “annoying” in his words, and honestly i’d prefer to stay home anyways but he’s brought up coming over and bc of how different our houses and neighborhoods are i’m just embarrassed to bring him over. I feel like there’s a chance he’ll judge me, think that i’m poor which isn’t the case but based on where i live that could definitely be a thought that goes through his mind. I want to so bad bc i’d rather just chill with each other and not have to worry ab spending money or anything but i’m just embarrassed, any advice at all to help even the slightest, in any way possible?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If someone is willing to judge you for something so shallow, he himself is a shallow person. I'm sure he isn't a shallow person though, and as such, won't judge you

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He shouldn’t care that your house or financial status don’t match his. If he does care, he’s not worth going out with, in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well even if he did judge he would be judging your parents not you. He didn't buy his house the same way you didn't buy yours. If he dies care then he's an asshole.

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest, most guys that age kind of like girls less affluent. I don't know why, I'm sure everyone has their own reasons, but I wouldn't worry about it. He might love it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hi. It is all about how you present it and how yo react about it. If you don't give a lot att. he won't too. Anyway, it may look scary but if you love that place and if you state that directly, he shoul love it too :) be proud of your place.

0|0
    0|0
  • So if he really loves you he wouldn't care if you were poor.
    So why be embarrassed to bring him home?

0|1
    0|0
  • I doubt he'll care. If you enjoy it, I feel like he'll find a way to, as well

And no I would not judge you for that. I've found entertainment in all sorts of houses

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't judge you for it and if he doesn't like it and he judges you for it then he isn't the right one for you he should look at his amazing girlfriend and love her No mater where she lives.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should definetely try. If he judge you for this, he is an arrogand douch, and you should know about is as soon as possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only one way to find out.

0|0
    1|0
  • Yeah. He will. Because he is still a kid.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes