Why do you think 64%+ of millennials are single nowadays?

I have a fair idea why. I'm thinking it's because of the "social requirements" girls demand and guys are just like I really cannot be bothered so now both sides are just doing nothing nobody is shifting their weight. Hence why were all mostly single and not having sex.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• People use the term millennial differently and I'm not even sure what it means. It seems to mean different things to different people.

But whatever group you are referring to, they are still young. I'm not sure if 64% is any more or less than any other generation. Like my senior year in HS, I'm pretty sure than more than 64% were single. Same in college.

0|0
    0|0
    • Millennials i just the new generation.
      I double checked and it's been in the news a lot lately nobody is getting together anymore and it's causing problems. Compared to previous millennials who had a lot more sex etc were dropped quit a bit.

Most Helpful Girl

• Millenials were born roughly between 1981-1996. I’m not sure on your stats here.

http://www.pewresearch.org/topics/millennials/

0|0
    0|0
    • The biggest problem for young folks is everyone is overweight & underexercised leading to depression & anxiety & lack of sexual attraction.

• Show All
    • I think more millenials than that are married.

• The statistic was gathered from WHO.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Both sides are demanding. Also, people tend to wait for relationships, in contrast to the generation of our parents (or grandparents) where they were extremely pressured into marriage or kids, and at a younger age.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm trying set up my experience and career and have successful living career and financial and expand my knowledge and skills and education and creating a future and for myself before I settle in and go into a relationship and raise a family and have kids

0|0
    0|0
    • Doing the same but the problem is by the time you finish doing that how old will you be? How long before your 30 and still single.

• Show All
    • At the rate i'm going my first job will be at 27 years old and no experience in dating let alone having time for a girlfriend.

• I just got a job at 22

• In my opinion, there's lots of sleeping around instead of dating with our generation and millennials, it's kind of sad. I want the companionship of a girl more than I want to spread her legs.

0|0
    0|0
    • According to research people aren't even doing that now apparently 1 out of every 5 millennials are still a virgin at 26

• But isn't average age to lose virginity 17? It seems weird that the number us that low but 20% of millennials are virgins in their late 20s.

• Nah I think it's mostly because most of our parents have gotten divorced and we don't ascribe to their old views of dating, getting married young, and having kids. We want to enjoy our youth while we can, and we refuse to settle when it comes to finding someone special. You can look at stats and see it negatively, or you can look at the quality of our lives and realize we're doing things smarter. Also I don't know about you but most of us are still having sex lol, we're just pickier about it. Besides we have people complaining that the Earth is overpopulating, but sex and child birth decrease and then people complain about relationships. I say shit's going fine for millennials, we just need to care less about social media

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's mostly just that people have a really unrealistic idea of what they can and can't have. They think that they can expect the world, and not hold themselves to the same standard. Dating apps have made this worse, because these people think they can just wait until they finally meet someone who meets all of their insane criteria. Like if you're 50 pounds overweight, don't expect that you'll be able to pull girls that hit the gym everyday and look like the belong on Cheer Squad. The problem with online dating is that people honestly believe that they can just keep swiping right on these profiles, and that eventually, they'll find the one model on earth who wants to sit at home, watch GoT and eat chimichangas with an overweight guy. Same goes with these chicks who go on a diet and think that they deserve a guy with rock hard pecs and big biceps. PUT IN THE WORK AND YOU'LL SEE THE RESULT

2|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t just blame girls, it’s far too far easy. It takes two

0|0
    0|0
    • But you can't blame men when they're the ones who only initiate.

• This isn't strictly true. Where I'm from women overwhelmingly go after guys as opposed to the other way around.

• ... Were are you from my mortgage is ready.

• I am trying to figure out who a am as a person

1|0
    0|0
  • Cuz no one is loyal.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because the internet is more comfortable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz relationships are scary

0|0
    0|0
  • OP: *blames girls for his failures*
    However, I can bet OP's standards involve some of the most unrealistic shits while he is a 3/10 at best.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm married 😂

• Show All
    • You can when the tango music hasn't started.
      And yes I have plenty of guys you girls treat horribly.

• Cool story bro, why did they go for the bitches tho? I will answer: because they are hot. Shallowness at its finest.

• I hate to say it, but you're right. Millennial women have sky high standards that most guys won't fit.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes