Why do you think chivalry is dead?

Is it men’s fault or women’s fault?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think more woman then men woman started losing respect for themselves showing themselves off becoming easy having sex or letting people slide with stuff they shouldn’t and so men don’t have to work as hard and prove themselves cause dumb girls rather have the drug head that’s don’t give a damn than the hard working man who most his time won’t be doing nothing but work. If woman or most stopped being whores and kissing and sleeping with every man that comes by and
    Puts a foot down more often men would start working harder for a woman’s affections that just not caring

0|7
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Chivalry is considered creepy or (dishonest) by most women so l would not recommend it. It’s done, l don’t give special treatment to women that l wouldn’t give to dudes. The only people l would do chivalrous acts for like giving up my seat or opening the door to is the elderly and the disabled.

2|3
    3|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It’s not dead but it’s dying. Men only think about themselves these days and women think they just deserve chivalry simply because they have a vagina. Everyone should kind to everyone unless they have a good reason not to be.

2|2
    2|0
  • Because bitches don't value it.

1|12
    5|1
    • yup. sadly. i was raised to treat woman with respect like pulling out chairs for them, opening doors etc. but either they aren’t use to it or just think you’re doing it for brownie points.

• @kaito11 Or they get offended because they are strong, independent women who can do that shit themselves.

• yup that too

• The problem with chivalry isn't the act of doing things that are polite and kind, it's only doing those things in hopes of getting something in return. If not getting anything in return enough for a man to write women off as shallow and immature and they stop being chivalrous, they're doing it wrong. When someone opens a door for me, man or woman, I say thank you. I don't suddenly want to date them. I believe that people who are kind and decent will hold doors open for everyone when they have the ability to. It's a common courtesy that people should just do without wanting anything in return. A lot of women can tell the difference between someone who just genuinely nice vs someone who is only nice because they want something from you, but that gets misinterpreted as hatred for guys who are nice to them somehow.

Basically you shouldn't do nice things for other people to get some kind of reward. You should do nice things for other people and expect nothing in return because that's the right thing to do. I hold doors open for people just because, and never once have I been offended if they don't acknowledge me. I have no way of knowing if they're in a hurry, socially awkward, or just a jerk, so I give people the benefit of the doubt. If a guy stopped being "chivalrous" because he's unhappy with his love and/or sex life, he's missing the point entirely.

3|0
    0|1
    • You explained that about as well as possible. I always hold doors open if I can, its only normal to me. Doesn't matter whether its someone from the same school, someone I don't know or a good friend or colleague. I don't see why you'd want anything in return for it.

• And that's why i don't hold doors open for girls anymore.

• The thing is, when men hear “chivalry is dead” it’s not because they shouldn’t treat women with respect. But they should treat everyone the way they’d treat a woman (“chivalrous”). Don’t treat people a certain way by discriminating their gender.

3|4
    1|2
    • @IsoUser Telling people that they are a faggot means you are not bright or mature

• @IsoUser So you believe we should treat everyone like crap, then?

We should treat everyone equally regardless of their gender. And by “equally” I mean - with respect.

• Because it's an outdated idea and not one that has a massive place in modern society. I don't think one gender is solely to blame, but feminism has definitely had an impact. I don't have any problem paying for dates/splitting the bill or opening doors on my own, and I don't think that's a bad thing. I'll certainly appreciate such a gesture from a man though. It doesn't go unnoticed.

1|3
    0|2
  • Yes it seems so. And surprising as a woman I agree with everything this guy says. Which is why when im in relationship. I try not Complicate things and lie about why I dress like this or that.
    https://youtu.be/ymNdfdQvdVc

0|2
    0|0
  • Because no one rides horses into battle anymore. chivalry isn't a code of honor it was a job title. Chival=horse, Chivalier=horseman, chivalerie=horsemanship aka chivalry. Hollywood is what brought you knights of the round table kind of shit, read a book every once in while.

0|0
    0|2
  • It's not dead, I open doors for my fiance and pay for our dates

1|9
    0|1
  • I love chivalrous guys. It makes you feel special. I don't know whose fault it is, but I see a general lack and twist of ethics and values, which makes me feel sad and lonely. Noone values anymore what I do.

1|1
    0|0
    • Stella, I have always been chivalrous towards women. In fact, women are the most softest pleasure in the world. So they deserve this behavior.

• *sends you valuing vibes*

• Thanks guys. You give me hope🌹

• It's not dead but it's reduced. And I think it's women's fault.

0|9
    0|0
  • Chivalry is something that I do not think of. I open doors for myself and pay my half of the date

2|6
    0|2
  • Its not dead. What are you talking about? If a guy isn't nice to me and a knight in shinning armour do you think he will receive the same back. You see im thd type of person that if you bleed gor me just a little first i will bleed for the guy a whole lifetime. That to me determines trust honor and a real man.

0|2
    0|1
  • It's dead because females have placed such a high standard on males that it's became a burden not a sign of respect

0|6
    2|0

• No, I don't think that it's dead, but it's definitely getting scarcer/less common!😞I blame the feminism ideologyb& feminists for it!😠 This is SO ironic, when you think about it! Gloria Steinem once said "A woman needs a man, like a fish needs a bicycle"!😠Since 2nd wave feminism (2wf) started, men the world over have been going MGTOW (men going their own way)!(google it!), because they feel rejected by women & society! Also, since 2wf, women have been trying to be more like men!, who don't need their damn chivalry, bcos "women can do anything"! Women can open their own damn doors, change their own damn tyres, etc, etc, etc! Since we men are SO "useless", we're giving up on women & "taking our toys & going home, bcos we don't wanna play this game anymore"!, bcos men's rights have been SO badly eroded! Men lose custody of their child/childten MOST of the time!,... get SO screwed over divorce!,& many other reasons, bcos feminazis! have influenced government & the court system!😠... So
    basically, feminism is why chivalry is NEARLY dead! Of course, feminists will try to give you ANY other excuse/s, except this!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it’s slowly died - not dead - over the generations. But I do see young boys hold open doors for me, say excuse me, thank you, all those wonderful little things. I make sure I tell them thank you so much that way it’s a positive thing they’ll carry forth.

0|2
    0|1
  • When you hear on a daily basis how repulsive, useless and creepy your sex is (males) by the opposite sex (females).. why would you feel the need to go that extra mile for them?

1|4
    2|0
  • I think both. They dont teach men how to be chivalrous and women dont value it because they are strong independent women and if you do something nice they think you are either flirting or seeing them week

1|2
    1|0
  • Chivalry isn't dead.

But it's meaning has been distorted, Chivalry, actual Chivalry has virtually nothing to do with women or their treatment.

It mainly had to due with battlefield and dueling rules, respect and how to act in general in society and what your duties were.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never liked how chivalry was just a man’s way of being nice to women. A lot of times some men aren’t even nice for the sake of kindness either.

I feel EVERYONE should have a decent level of good manners & respect towards their fellow human beings. You don’t have to like each other nor be super sweet to me. But there’s just common courtesy which should be taught to everyone living within society.

I’ve held doors open for men. I’ve helped them carry something heavy. I’ve stood up for people I see being harassed. “Treat others how you want to be treated.” It’s really not hard to do that! If you treat people like shit, then I assume you’re a shitty person who wants to be treated shitty too.

1|2
    0|0
  • Why we need it? People can open doors for themselves expect if they can't physically

I do not open doors or pay dates because I think women are not helpless creatures. They can open the door for themselves and pay for their own date

2|1
    0|0
  • I think chivalry us dead because 90% of those rules are about knight's combat rules, which dont really apply, and the rest are based on an old sexist assumption that women need our money and help to be successful

0|2
    0|0
  • It's not Dead. It's just a concept less useful and needed in this time and Space.
    If you believe that chivalry is dead you either haven't found a man who was eager enough to actually show you that side or you literally boycotted it.
    Most women shouting for a gentleman will rather date a slick asshole. I'm Not complaining, I used to be that asshole. I'm just trying to diverge your mind from those false believes.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would say no one is fault.
    Chivalry died due to the existence of the internet.

While woman try to play hard to get, mans just don't want to make the effort to get them when there is an other way to release your sexual desires.

In the end it's no ones, or boths fault.

0|0
    0|0
  • I still carry the flag although I never get to plant it anywhere.

Off the top of my head, we're at this point where everything is so judged, and everyone is so easily offended that people are now afraid to do a lot of things incase someone gets offended by it.

These days just opening a door for a Lady can call into question over whether you're sexist or not lol

0|0
    0|0
  • It's way dead as it should be, it is benevolent sexism. Anyone who claims to be a feminist and demands chivalry is a hypocrite

1|3
    0|0
  • I think it's less strong than it was. I don't believe in treating women better just because they are women that seems wrong to me. Women should have to earn everything just like a man does.

1|1
    1|0
  • Women's in my opinion. There are the women that find it offensive because they think it's men showing dominance and then there are the women that think it's just men being creeps.

1|2
    0|0
  • Neither. The fault is inherent with the fact that most people aren't nice anymore. There's no common decency between anyone.

1|2
    0|0
  • I think it is both. Women are losing site of why women are so special and in turn, so are men. Also I think men lack the same drive they used to and are SUPPOSED that has always made them seen as dominant. Lambs and lions.

0|1
    1|0
  • Chivalry was traditional sword dueling, not how to treat a woman, in fact, women should be greatful for the fact that we men aren't raping them, showering everyday and not pissing and shitting in our clothes like the knights did

1|0
    1|0
  • Chivalry isn't supposed to be defined by gender whatsoever. The reason it's "dead" is because people assume it is. The foundation of chivalry is helping people in ways in which they don't have the means to help themselves and doing what you can to serve your fellow individual. Originally this was intended for knights, but that should be ignored in my opinion. So it being the fault of men or women is irrelevant. Demonstrating true chivalry isn't about holding the door for a woman if you are a man, it is about holding the door for a person, because you look to serve your peers when you can.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's neither sexes 'fault', more likely it is a particular generation that holds the responsibility for chivalry's unfortunate death.

The world would be a better place if chivalry was brought back.
    - I don't mean men being chivalrous to women, it should be a two way street.
    Us women folk can't have all our feminist women's lib with our talk of equal rights and then expect special treatment, we can't have it both ways. When I say chivalry needs to come back I mean giving up your seat for the elderly, pregnant or disabled.

1|5
    0|0
  • I don't give a fuck I'm not on humanity side I'm on my side

0|0
    1|0
  • Chivalry isn't dead but it is dying. But it's a cycle. Good guy gives his all to a girl that breaks his heart -> good guy becomes an asshole and breaks a good girls heart -> good girl becomes an asshole and breaks a good guys heart.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally don't think is entirely dead, just people don't really care as much for relationships in that way currently I guess? Just one opinion, but...

0|0
    0|0
  • Women’s because they want equal rights and independence nowadays. If a guy does anything nowadays, then it comes off as flirty and they don’t appreciate it because they want to be independent. I could go on and on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know that it was truly alive to begin with, I've heard some people explain the development of chivalry as being driven by women, and truthfully I think that women have been a protected part of humanity even to this day in the western world.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chivalry is from the mythical dark ages. Do you mean acting like a gentleman?
    Holding a chair for a woman is out of favour but common courtesy and politeness are not (I hope).

0|0
    0|0
  • Feminism killed chivalry.

2|14
    4|1
  • feminism killed it. You might get fired for harassment if you open a door for a female even though you usually get them for men too.

2|1
    1|0
    • feminazi's want to punish women who don't have to get up and go to work every day. They aren't happy if another woman is able to stay home while they have to do the 9 to 5 grind.

• There is a one-word answer to the question: Feminism.

2|1
    0|0
  • I think it's woman's fault. They didn't mean too but they dropped the standards. Men get away with what you let them. No more too it

0|3
    3|1
    • This implies that men can’t think for themselves, and if they’re assholes it’s women’s fault. This couldn’t be further from the truth

• No not at all if they don't have to try hard to get what they want they why would they woman are making it easy.

• Because men and women are people that deserve the same respect towards each other. “Women making it easy” is a bogus excuse

• It's not dead. It's just "white knight syndrome" now

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a show of class and no it's not a dead thing. That's silly to think that. Women complain about a lot of things and that's just what they do. (Their women)
    Being curtious is a choice

0|0
    1|0
  • It's no one's fault. It just fell out of cultural relevance. It's an antiquated custom. You can still do it, but as time goes on it's going to seem more and more strange. Like wearing a tricorn hat.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that women becoming more independent has had an effect on that.

1|0
    0|1
  • It's not I will open doors for women and help little old ladied cross the street I even carry their groceries for him, and I always say chivalry is not dead

0|1
    0|0
  • Because 1. Girls immediately react weird because they think you're a flirting douchebag and 2. Because men don't have the decency and balls to do something different than the rest of us

0|0
    0|0
  • Most reasonable girls still want a chivalrous guy. But the definition is changing. Things that used to be considered a kind gesture are now rude to some people and still kind to others.

Really, I wouldn't get too worried about it. Try watching a musical or popular movie from the 60's and you'll see that even back then, in a time we think of today as especially masculine, guys were doing shit that other men probably looked at and thought was cringy too.

Except for Indiana Jones, every guy can learn something about being a real man from Indiana Jones

0|0
    0|0
  • So... what a mean this chivalry? Is like the feminism?

0|0
    1|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes