Tips on being a military girlfriend?

I’m a military girlfriend and my boyfriend and I have been doing the long distance relationship and so far it’s going great, but do you guys have any tips on being a military girlfriend, thank you

14

Most Helpful Girl

• You'll need to have all the patience in the world, and make sure you can give him some balance when he can spend time with you.. because he will wanna spend time with his friends his well..
    And make sure to find something to fill your days and make them interesting because there will be a lot of waiting. Do something productive that will help him be happy when he finds out you're not just wasting your time waiting.
    Maybe send him stuff? That'll make him happy as well. Because army is a lonely place so anything he gets that's outside of army is welcomed.

Also in case you're dating for a while now and it's not a fresh relationship, you'll have to at least sext or have a phone sex? If that's how its called cuz soldiers can get loneeely and a lot of them cheat. Not saying you have to do this to prevent him from cheating, but to make sure he's not lonely and to have intimacy as well.

Most importantly be there for him and even if he doesn't show it, he will be having a hard time there, so always make sure to cheer him up and show him you're by his side.

Spoken from experience

Most Helpful Guys

• As a vet I could give you quite a few tips. The biggest one is to just end things now and move on. It will make both of your lives a lot easier.

If you decide to try and make it work you should know that you are in for one hell of a ride. You won't likely be his top priority very often. You may go months without talking at all. There is pretty good risk that he will end up sleeping around. But for a youg man the pay is not bad, if you like to get drunk you will always have a place to do it. And if you want to get fucked like there is no tomorrow you will be all set.

• No experience, but I would expect you to learn not to offload your fears on him while he's away, to let him know he's loved and you're home waiting for him.