Guys, I wonder what guys feel/think that they realize they're actually the ones who take control / have the power in dating?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys don't feel or think they have power/control in dating... look at it from the male perspective.

Firstly the guy is expected to make the first move and risk rejection. The girl just has to say yes or no. The power is all with her! She has the power to crush him yet either way she gets a boost to her self-esteem. Most girls don't tend to risk rejection as they don't ask guys out, but asking a girl out isn't powerful because of the fear of rejection.

Secondly the guy has to measure up to her standards or gets rejected, again the power is with her.

80% of relationships are ended by females.

0|1
    0|0
    • But in our perspective, at least me.

U have the power.
      Ya, maybe if the case is we like the guy.

• Show All
    • @Shoenron is right
      😢

• @Shoenron but what stops a woman making that first move? Woman flirt and give signals of interest and then sit back and wait for the guy to ask her out. The power is the ability to grant that guy's wish or to crush his dreams. The ability to say yes or no is the real power in this scenario and it's with woman because men are expected to take the risk...

Sorry but you can't say that men have power because they didn't ask you out when you yourself could equally have asked him and didn't.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I don't typically feel powerful, but maybe thats just because I still need more confidence or because I'm demisexual, who knows. It is nice knowing how to take control though, I'm still learning to be more dominant for my current girlfriend because she's super submissive. Having so much control over her is intoxicating though, it makes me feel like more of a man.

0|0
    0|0
  • Interesting perspective. I always felt that the power was shared. Except in online dating where males have more power.

1|0
    0|0
    • Why do u think online dating gives more power to guys?

• Because it's literally "there is plenty of fish in the sea" so women are more eager to put efforts in the dating phase making it easier for men.

• We don’t have power because girls are explosive devices and any attempt to defuse is futile.
    Girls, if you’re always unstable, we are doomed as a human race. Approach guys and stop acting like your self esteem needs protection, it can’t be worse than it already is 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • We only have the power of we can overcome the females weaponization of the vagina. If a woman can use sex as leverage she has the power. If a dude can overcome that, he has the power.

0|0
    0|0
  • We tend to make the first move and put in more of an initial effort, but the woman plays a big role on deciding if she's even interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you mean your wording is awkward and I'm not sure if I understand it correctly

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you mean?

0|0
    0|0
    • I think she's alluding to how the majority of straight women apparently want to be dominated and forced to submit. If you know how to be dominant, you can be intoxicating to many women and they become like putty to you.

• Show All
    • I actually mean, what guys think/feel being in control in dating.

Choosing a girl
      Taking a girl out for a date
      Control the pace when approaching a girl

How do guys feel being in that position.

• @asker Isn't that the same thing? Being dominant and being in control are synonymous in my mind. Controlling the pace and mood of the date and showing that he has a plan and knows what he's doing, that's all part of being dominant, even little things like asking what she wants and then ordering for her.

• Never knew we did

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys don't have control in dating

0|0
    0|0
    • They do.

They control the pace of it when approaching a girl

• control is a very negative word.
      Both a girl and guy need to have self control and the pace of the relationship is then naturally healthy, if on controls the other it’s a bad relationship and the controlled one will become damaged. This is why so many girls have low self-esteem and are broken after one relationship. Dominating someone is a psychotic trait 😂 think about that one.

Recommended myTakes