What to do about a dead relationship?

Okay, I have a friend, and I'll just call him Jake. Jake is in a long distance relationship with this girl, and he's been with her for quite a while. Recently though, they have been having problems.

He says their relationship is "practically dead", and compared it to being like a "zombie feasting on the remains of their leftover feelings".

And here's the thing... he always complains about it to me, as I am his friend. But honestly, it frustrates me because he won't do anything about it. He comes to me like "Oh woe is me" and acts all depressed, but when I try to give him advice or tell him what he should or could do he just goes "Nah I'm not going to do anything." Or "I'm not the kind of person to act". And I'm just like "BIH then why do you keep coming to me." Because I could understand if he was just having trouble with doing something, and he actually tried to do something or at least listened to me, but it's annoying to complain to me when you don't listen to me. I'm his friend, and I'll always be there for him trust me, but this has been going on for like a few months now so it's getting old. 😠

Ultimately, I need an outside force to help me out here. So can guys help me out by giving my friend some advice about what he should do?
  • He should break off the relationship, it's dead anyway. 💔
    Vote A
  • He should try to save the relationship even tho it's dead ❤
    Vote B
  • He should just do something about it because letting just being in a relationship that is dead is good 😞
    Vote C
  • He should just do nothing. 😐
    Vote D
  • Other (Please explain in comments 😁)
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If he's not happy in his relationship he needs to move on. If he's not gonna do anything about it then he shouldn't keep complaining to you. If he were my friend I'd sit him down and give it to him straight like "if you're not happy in this relationship, grow a pair and end it. If you're not going to, I don't wanna hear anymore about it."

0|0
    0|0
    • So he just told me that his girlfriend is aparently needy and suicidal. And that's why he does not want to end it. I just don't know what to tell him.

• If his girlfriend is suicidal there's nothing he can do to help her she needs a lot more help so I'd recommend he alert someone and then break it off.

How does he know she's actually suicidal tho and not just saying it to make him stay?

• That's the thing, and I told him that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was in a similar situation, its not that i didn't wanted to do anything, but i couldn't. She realized that, found some guy, cheated on me and then told me the feelings are gone.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I need more info
    How long has he been with her?
    How old are they?
    How close are they to each other?
    Are their dreams close to each other?
    Do they have a plan for each other?
    How did the relationship start?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a long distance relationship so he could easily break it off but he could also easily just continue on in it an pursue other interests

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, obviously he doesn't want to break things off completely. He should sit down and talk with his girlfriend, I mean what else can he do?

0|0
    0|0
    • Apparently the only reason he's staying with her is because she is needy, and claims to be suicidal. He scared of her hurting herself if he breaks it off.

• She could be emotionally damaged and unstable. Those are classic symptoms of BPD.

• He should break off the relationship, it's dead anyway. 💔

0|0
    0|0
  • Turn the relationship into a zombie

0|0
    0|0
  • Bury it and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep it in my head and leave it be

0|0
    0|0