What lessons have you learnt from relationships?

Updates:
i have learnt that just because someone likes you it doesn't mean you have to stay and but up with their narcissistic tendencies

1|3

Most Helpful Girl

• That the relationship needs to be equal, there is no superior or inferior otherwise the relationship won't work
    That if you get treated like crap once, its likely to keep happeing
    For every 2 he cheated on you with that you KNOW about triple that.
    If you get cheated on once, it will happen again
    Love hurts, regardless
    Love is hard
    Love is worth it
    Don't fall in love with a stranger, fall in love with your best friend
    Communication is important
    you'll never get everything you want
    Real love isn't a fairytale
    Dont give your trust out like candy make people earn it.
    If the way you feel doesn't feel like a 90's/Y2K hiphop song then its not real love

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Those with power get everything they want, those without suffer whatever they have to. There's no honor to any of it, that's why they say, "all's fair in love and war." You have to take what you want by force and you have to fight against everyone else who wants it more than you do, and if you lose, nobody will cry for you, fuck you!

There's not one single drop of sympathy for the weak anywhere in the world. Not even a single drop. Nobody else cares. If you don't like it, hey, there's always suicide!

1|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I learned that love isn't enough. It also requires constant work. I also learned that things don't need to be so complicated, and that by just being open and talking with your partner, you can avoid fighting almost indefinitely.

0|1
    0|0
  • That you can only be in love when you love yourself. I know it’s so cliche and cringy to say, but it’s so true. Don’t enter a relationship when you’re not mentally stable because it won’t work.

2|2
    0|1
  • You cannot rely on a relationship to make you happy. You cannot rely on your partner to make you happy. You are ultimately responsible for your own happiness. However, there's no shame in asking your partner for help and needing some love

1|1
    0|0
  • I've learned that i wasn't ready for it, all happened so quickly. We went into relationship within one weekend without knowing eachother so well, we were however together for approax 3 months. We were mostly quite happy but i guess i was being too jealous at times and she was trying to provoke anger in me by having fun with other guys at school and kissing with other girls. I wasn't bothered by it at all, but in my opinion was a breakingpoint was when we had time to meet eachother and stay together, she preferred to have fun with her boy "friend" at weekends while i was at her house, she would come home at 4am and then be mad at me the next day for no reason and be butthurt if asked if she wantsme to cook a dinner or something else. I simply had enough because it continued for a while, i made clearand told her to go with that guy if she likes him so much. Next day after that we broke up and i was furious for couple of months at her and his friend, also ideveloped slight alcohol problem i ended up in fights a lot which i always lost being so drunk and self-destructive. 5 years have passed and im over it, but im not rushing into relationships anytime soon. I need time to be by myself, all good though.

0|1
    0|0
  • God there is just so much. When I read your question I automatically went to negative things but there is some positive too...
    - I've learnt self respect, If I am not being treated well to go.
    -That I deserve love and be loved
    -That I'm good with the parents
    -That I have issues that get in the way of relationships that I need to work on.
    So many more but yeah...

1|1
    0|0
  • 1) Women hate to be lied to.
    2) Women lie.
    3) Women hate you for catching them in lies.
    4) Women demand fidelity.
    5) Women cheat.
    6) Women blame you when they cheat on you.
    7) Woman demand complete open-ness.
    8) Women are secretive and sneaky.
    9) Women are angry when they get caught keeping secrets.

That is what I ahve learned.

0|3
    0|0
  • Don't lose who you are just to impress the one you're with. Compromise and be understanding. When arguing take a breathe and try to view their side of the argument. Hurting someone emotionally just because you're angry is never okay. Physical pain/scars may heal but emotional scars are a lifetime pain.

In general, be happy and communicate.

2|1
    0|0
  • I've learned that all women are crazy... some just hide it better, but eventually, she'll give you a good dose of crazy.

I've learned that you'll get out of it what you put into it.

I've learned the true depths of deception and how others would be willing to apply it for the silliest reasons.

I've learned that none of the ideals I held would be respected in the long run.

I've learned that the idea of a 'one and only' is just dumb.

0|0
    0|0
  • I learn to destroy narcissists in 4 steps.
    1. Feed their narcissism (pretend)
    2. Suddenly ghost them (multiple times like few weeks every 6 months), they will crave you
    3. When he tries to do something keep denying what he says in your thoughts (repeat he's lying, he's lying, I'm going to destroy him)
    4. You are more powerful than a narcissist now. Dump in any cruel way you want following by "benching" not ghosting. After you find a replacement, ghost.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I've learned I can't trust every girl I meet. Some of them try to "claim" you (you refers to guys) at first because you're a nice guy and then throw you away like you where nothing. This got me in a depression twice. And from what I've learned, I'm always aware of girls that try to manipulate me. Those are the one's I gotta avoid.

1|1
    0|0
    • I'm so sorry about what you've went through. I had the opposite experience, in which I dated a guy who I thought was a nice guy whom would treat me right. Instead, he turned out to be a manipulative douchebag who only saw women as sex objects. Now I know why his friends told me that he "doesn't get girlfriends". This is a pretty good reason why any other girl wouldn't want to deal with him.

• @WysteriaRose Hey, don't worry about it. I'm still young, better learn about these kind of people early. I'm sorry about what you've went through too, must've been a hard time for you. Some people just don't know what real love and respect is about. But there are many other men and women who do know what love and respect means. Manipulative people are the ones you see the most, while people that aren't are in bigger numbers but remain silent. I guess thats what makes finding real love hard.

• Learned you should always wear your partners shoes before making decisions vice versa , you need to throw away selfishness cuz selfishness is the biggest killer in relationships , I learned love can only be guided not forced you can fight for your partner but you can't chase them all you can do is walk yoir path of life and respect them the way u want to be respected if they choose to walk away then let them go

1|1
    0|0
  • I've learned to cherish myself more, get more confidence and prioritize my goals.
    I automatically stopped exercising when in a relationship in the beginning for example.
    And also what red flags to notice, saying no, respecting myself in that way.

0|1
    0|0
  • I learned to main lessons the first lesson I learned everything that we want ain't necessarily what we need. And I learned treat others as you would want to be treated yourself if you don't want to be hurt and don't hurt anybody else. Those are the best two lessons I learned in life about relationships

0|1
    0|0
  • It can make u blind and u will not even recognize what's going on in ur life! That's what i felt after i recovered (partially) from the shock that she dumped me lol!. Well, next time i will like someone who actually needs me and loves me as no one ever did!

0|1
    0|0
  • You cannot change a person. That is not your responsibility.
    Love that is begged for is not worth having.
    Physically hurting you is not a blind mistake. Leave.
    Forgiveness is different from tolerance. You can forgive, but you it doesn't necessarily mean you have to accept them in your life again.
    You teach others how to treat you.
    No matter how painful it is, you CAN survive the loss of a relationship.

1|1
    0|0
  • Not to trust guys who are referring to themselves as "nice". They aren't.
    The end of the honeymoon-phase doesn't mean the end of love. It is the beginning.
    A relationship without trust isn't worth it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Some of us can be nice its just hard to give some thing you did not resive yet

• One thing I've learned the easy way is that TRUST and RESPECT aren't earned , but are extended instead. When i extend my trust and respect to you , I will quickly learn from you yourself , just how trustworthy and respectful you really are , or i will quickly learn just how much you are
    untrustworthy and disrespectful towards me or others in genral.

0|1
    0|0
  • To find beauty in every experience we have and carry love with you in your life and you will always have good experiences.

Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened

1|0
    0|0
  • 1. There is more to a working relationship than love.
    2. You should not stay out of consideration for your partner.
    3. You should check up on yourself once in a while to see if you can still look yourself in the eyes.
    4. You should be prepared to ask and answer some of the deeper questions early on (children, career, where to live, etc.).
    5. You should be prepared to accept that one person may not be able to fulfill every single desire in your life.
    6. If there is a problem, you must say so. You should never assume that others know how you feel or what you are thinking.
    7. If something is becoming a more severe problem, say so even though you do not have a solution. All too often people have told me to keep quiet until I know how to fix my problems. This has only caused feelings to build up and destroy everything... And most of the time, I never find the solution. Let the other (s) into your head and let them (try to) help you out.

2|0
    0|0
  • That it takes work and honest open communication.
    That if they truly want to be your friend or partner that accept you for you and not what you could be in their eyes.
    That it can't be just one person's way. (like a tag along on their adventure).
    That you have to be a team sharing your lives and adventures and helping each other on your personal adventures.
    Accept that you and your partner will change as time moves forward and accept that change.

0|0
    0|0
  • I learned that some people are good at hiding who they truly are and that they will show their true colors eventually.

1|1
    0|0
  • Don't get into a relationship. It will only burn you in the end. Even after 7 years.

0|1
    0|0
  • Trust no one. No matter how much you believe in her, no matter how long your relationship have been, never trust her. Mine was almost 3 years of happy relationship, and then found out she cheated on me

0|1
    0|0
  • I have learned the value of talking things over, but also the value of sometimes shutting up.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are just waste of time...
    There are more important things and opportunities in the world that can make your life wonderful...
    Relationships make u slave... and you just start to think non-sense things... ultimately you just make your own world

0|0
    0|0
  • Trust is key and without it they don't work nor last.

0|0
    0|0
  • Feelings are useless, the more people in one bead the more fun

0|0
    1|0
  • I learned A LOT by listening to a guy named Trent Shelton... look up his videos about relationships. They’ll save you lots of time and energy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women are lying, greedy, cheating cows. At least the ones I seem to go for are

0|3
    4|1
  • Not to rush things. Otherwise I try to enter new relationships fresh and not let past ones have an effect.

1|1
    0|0
  • Anyone who is important to you will let you down at some point... So before letting anyone close you gotta decide if this person let you down would they still mean the same to you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nothing is perfect. I am not perfect. He is not perfect. Accept yourself and him as it is if you want to be happy.

0|1
    0|0
  • That if you can't trust or communicate with each other it won't work.

Also can't stay in an abusive relationship

0|1
    0|0
  • You will gain and lost. It's important to decide how much of you deserves to be expended or even if it really worths.

1|1
    0|0
  • If a girl falls hard and fast for you, get out ASAP before she resents you for not feeling the same way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've learned that people are unreliable and that God is the only one I can truly count on. At the end of the day, I can't expect that person to be perfect, I can't expect them to be able to do everything that I would want. I have to look within and become a better person. I've nv been married, obviously. But what i have seen is that people always argue about what they can't get out of someone.. But when people are married they become one flesh therefore, if u look inside of ur self and change for the better of the relationship, the other person will change too without u even haveing to say anything. But then again, both people have to desire to want the relationship/marriage to last. I think that realizing that u aren't perfect and that you have done wrong in the relarionship too, is when the relationship starts to improve bc if its all about "You did this and You did that" then nothing is going to change

0|0
    0|0
  • To keep my mouth shut. Lol. Kidding, not kidding. More like somethings should just stay in my head.

0|0
    0|0
  • That looks are just a small temporary thing you fall. That iq does matter to a certain level, doesn't have to be high but around the same level. That being ambitious isn't always a good thing. That you need to find someone who is interesting and has passion. That its better to say the things on your mind instead of waiting. Life in the moment and make every minut count since it can be the last few minutes you will spend with the person. That guys can be insecure as well and you need to compliment them from time to time.

I think I've learned way more from my relationship but these are the few that come up.

0|0
    0|0
  • From the last two women I've been with
    I've learned all savadorian women cheat and like to sleep around

0|0
    1|0
  • When it comes to going out make sure you tell her the time of the event is 2 hours behind so you are not late

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes just because someone likes you doesn't mean you have to date them
    If you aren't sure of your feelings, don't give an answer straight away
    Treat your man how you wanna be treated
    COMMUNICATION IS KEY
    If you are in a relationship where they like you a whole lot but you only like them a bit, explain to them and end it before it gets worse, don't wait it out too long.
    If it's going too fast or slow let them know
    Don't care about what other people think about your relationship; ultimately you should be happy
    Sometimes getting in a relationship with a close friend results in a rift between you that may or may not heal
    Don't leave your friends for your man
    Yeah that's pretty much it from my first relationship that lasted 2 weeks lol @txdiie_

1|0
    0|0
  • You can have a successful one if you both want each other to be successful and are supportive of each others goals.

0|1
    0|0
  • Respected your partner's life, believe in your partner

0|1
    0|0
  • I learnt don't have any relationship before your age has been 25-26

0|2
    0|0
  • People leave even if they have promised a thousand times they won't

0|2
    0|0
    • Words are cheap. Ignore them and focus instead on their actions. Also realise they have no obligation to stay with you.

• Learn from mistake don't blame So on that want wrong. don't trust guys in college anymore. learn my self respect. remember no is worth spending time if they do not even effort in the relationship. let go of the cheater. I have learn lot in my past. i found out that my real friends are on my taxi and real boyfriend that cares very much always helping me with girls that i am not good terms. be happy be you always pick you self back up if anything that did go wrong. in the end it all worth it. be strong.

0|1
    0|0
  • You can't except your partner to keep you happy at all times. Also, don't force situations - if it meant to happen, it will otherwise not

0|0
    0|0
  • They are fragile until both partners not put thier efforts to make relation alive and healthy...

0|0
    0|0
  • No one belongs to me n either of us not into commit yet or even bother.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never give your class-ring to your partner to wear cause they can get it loss.

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes