What do you think are the pros and cons to dating your best friend? Do you think it is worth it?

There are always warning against dating your best friend. Just polling to see how you all feel about it.

1524

Most Helpful Girl

• The pros is that u are comfortable around eachother, u cn probably tlk about anything, etc etc blah blah blah u already know the rest lol the cons to it is that if u cn be at risk of losing a good friendship if the relationship doesn't work out. The relationship probably won't be as intimate at first becausssee y'all might be so used to being friends its probably weird lol
    But tbh, i think that when a guy and a girl are able to fart in front of eachother that is when u know its real😂😂😂 jkjk but my grandparents have been with eachother for 48 years they have small arguments every now and then but they fart all the time which is gross to think about and weird to say but hey, they love eachother😂

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on your definition of best friend. Is this a friend that you've known for your whole life, like everyday is spent together after school for milk and cookies or someone you met a couple years ago and are close? Lol life long friends, sure I would date. At that point you guys have probably argued and got all the stupid bickering out of the way. Plus all the embarrassing moments and all that is out of the way too.

Couple year friends... no, I wouldn't risk it.

• 9 years of hanging out every day

• Hmm I'd say talk to the person, see if they are interested as well. Communication here is gonna be key, like every relationship. If they are interested great, if not just stay friends. It shouldn't be awkward since you guys have known each other for so long. I told a girl that I had feelings for her and I've known her for almost 2 decades. Lol she said she only saw me as a friend but we still hang out and remain friends, not awkward at all lol.